Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by Skyybids
[br]Trying to find inexpensive clubs... $25 per membership too much for something I could careless about...

YOU SHOULD CARE!!!! Without the clubs, do you really think there would be the trails that there are???? Besides, $25.00 is the State minimum for club fees.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Google search NYSSA and all of the clubs are listed. The other link didn't list my county. Most of them have a web site these days. Enjoy your membership and the registration savings.

·
Registered
211 Posts
More money for the clubs...... Which you SHOULD join anyway!

·
Premium Member
15,520 Posts
Taken from my local NY club website..

"By this time, I#146;m sure that most of you are aware of the recent law that was passed by the New York State legislators which resulted in a two-tier system for registering snowmobiles. This law will be effective for the 2006/2007 season. Those individuals who belong to a snowmobile club will pay an annual fee of $45 (same as current year). Those individuals who do not belong to a snowmobile club will pay an annual fee of $100. This law was passed to increase club membership which will result in better communication between snowmobilers and safer riding for everyone. This law also includes a speed limit of 55 mph for sleds. MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: (from the New York State Snowmobile Association)
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYSDMV) has informed all snowmobilers about a fee increase. The total registration fee is increasing from the current $45 to $100 unless you are a club member. There is no deadline as long as you become a club member before you renew your registration!!!! You will receive a voucher from the club or if you join using the NYSSA Online System (Coming Soon) you can download the voucher and print it at home. Whichever method you use you will submit the voucher to NYSDMV and therefore pay only $45 for each sled owned. Clubs will soon have the vouchers for distribution. Please remember it is the clubs that build, maintain, sign, offer safety courses and establish our nearly 11,000 miles of trail. Without the clubs there are no trails and without members there are no clubs!!!! "

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks Matt!

·
Registered
91 Posts
YOU COULD CARE LESS????!!! What are you talking about??? You are either ill informed or too stupid to understand, you have no idea what it takes to have a trail system that is maintained by people who do not get 1 dime!! If you ride sled in the state of NY or anywhere for that matter you owe alot more than $25.00 in my book, I bet you would not think twice about spending $25.00 on a cell phone or ipod, grow up and think about what you are saying before you speak!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by sledman1
[br]YOU COULD CARE LESS????!!! What are you talking about??? You are either ill informed or too stupid to understand, you have no idea what it takes to have a trail system that is maintained by people who do not get 1 dime!! If you ride sled in the state of NY or anywhere for that matter you owe alot more than $25.00 in my book, I bet you would not think twice about spending $25.00 on a cell phone or ipod, grow up and think about what you are saying before you speak!!
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
[br]Who maintains the public trails in and around Inlet? I think they are the pink trail systems on the NY Trail maps.. Most probably I'm missinformed...
http://www.geocities.com/inletbarnstormers/

·
Premium Member
15,520 Posts
What town? What inlet?

Look at what my old home town club built.

They took a semi trailer frame and made a bridge out of it to get across a LARGE river that always floods. Amazing work and not cheap.
[attachment=48601]
[attachment=48602]

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
For anyone who does care here is the club I belong to in NY www.Brantinghamsnomads.org this club is located in Brantingham NY on the trail between Tug Hill and the Old Forge/ Stillwater area. I have a cabin there and have been a memeber for many years, the people are dedicated and take trail maintance seriously.You can download a club application off the site.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
New York has a great program and they are doing something with their trail system. All the clubs in New York are $25.00 atleast. The state org has put a minimum of $25.00 so that the clubs that were under that amount would not get all the memberships. Pick a club close to you so that u can take advantage of the membership.
YOU may have fun there!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Originally posted by beef300
[br]
[br]Who maintains the public trails in and around Inlet? I think they are the pink trail systems on the NY Trail maps.. Most probably I'm missinformed...
http://www.geocities.com/inletbarnstormers/
Correct beef300. (do you ride up north?[:)])
However, what our friend here who "could care less" may not realize, is that the Inlet trail system in and of itself is very, very small. Ride around in circles all day long, you will.

The Inlet system does however converge with the Town of Webb system (Old Forge) for which you require an $85.00 annual trail permit.

If Skyybids couldn't care to drop $25.00 on club membership, I doubt he is interested in an $85.00 trail permit, but beware the fee is about $250 if caught anywhere on this system without it.[B)]

I belong to EZ-Riders.
www.ezridersonline.com

Sweet bridge Matt[:D]

and props to sledman1

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.