Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine is split between a Yamaha Nytro and a Polaris rush(either 6 or 8).....thoughts??

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
If he is going to buy a 10,000.00 or more sled then he should have enough sense to make that call on his own.

The best advice was from James007... (He should widen his options and do the proper research on all brands)
I always am a fan of waiting a year or two on anything as new as the Rush or like the Rev when it first came out. It may not have any issues ,but who knows?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Dragonryder said:
Friend of mine is split between a Yamaha Nytro and a Polaris rush(either 6 or 8).....thoughts??
What's he want...heavy and hard to steer (compared to a rush), or light and nimble? If he's trying to compare apples to apples the nytro is comparable to a 600 2 stroke.

I don't see how it's any comparison honestly. I own one of the listed and had my hands on a demo (08')nytro for over a month in late 07'. I realize the steering on the nytro has improved since then but still...no comparison.

My .02

·
Registered
38 Posts
WE bought a 600 Rush for the wife last weekend. Put 200 miles on it and it's a very fun sled. The suspesion is very stiff , so we ride it on the lightest settings. The Motor well lets just say my 800 edge has alot of problem staying in front of it. We are polaris riders threw and threw, but i'm sure there really isn't a "bad " New Sled out there

Safe Riding

·
Registered
718 Posts
rush ftw. imho, i think four strokes are a headache to work on, say like you want to do an oil change by yourself, you'd have to take off so many different parts to get to the oil filter, i'm not so sure about the rush tho. but to each they're own. personally i don't like four strokes since they're heavy and when your stuck, you need more than two ppl to take it out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James007 said:
IMO id wdien my choices. What about Cat or bomb?
he has looked at the cats and doo's and he doesnt like either one. so it between the yamaha and Polaris

MRblackXCSP700 said:
WE bought a 600 Rush for the wife last weekend. Put 200 miles on it and it's a very fun sled. The suspesion is very stiff , so we ride it on the lightest settings. The Motor well lets just say my 800 edge has alot of problem staying in front of it. We are polaris riders threw and threw, but i'm sure there really isn't a "bad " New Sled out there

Safe Riding
well my friend is 6'1" and about 160lbs..but he is riding a 2004 500 sno pro F5 he does alot of jumping and rides really hard.. so a stiff suspension would be awesome for him

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sledneck1978 said:
Dragonryder said:
What's he want...heavy and hard to steer (compared to a rush), or light and nimble? If he's trying to compare apples to apples the nytro is comparable to a 600 2 stroke.

I don't see how it's any comparison honestly. I own one of the listed and had my hands on a demo (08')nytro for over a month in late 07'. I realize the steering on the nytro has improved since then but still...no comparison.

My .02
he is leaning toward a 600..

·
Registered
344 Posts
get the rush

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Rush does soak up the bumps and jumps amazingly. I'm 6' 190 lbs and wrench up the weight rating to about 170 lbs on the measureing stick they give you. And honestly
I've flown it over some big approches and the thing land square and no rebound. Great ditch banging sled.
He'll have a blast on it!!!!!

Dragonryder said:
James007 said:
IMO id wdien my choices. What about Cat or bomb?
he has looked at the cats and doo's and he doesnt like either one. so it between the yamaha and Polaris

MRblackXCSP700 said:

Safe Riding
well my friend is 6'1" and about 160lbs..but he is riding a 2004 500 sno pro F5 he does alot of jumping and rides really hard.. so a stiff suspension would be awesome for him

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have not rode the yamaha so I can not speak about it but I have rode the rush and it is an awesome sled I do not think he would be disappointed

·
Registered
244 Posts
i honestly could not see a 160 lb guy handling a nytro to be as good at jumping as a rush would be. Im not even trying to diss four strokes, just not what their strong suit is.

·
Registered
222 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
Dragonryder said:

My .02
woah woah woah, sure anytro is comparable to a 600 2 stroke in some aspects but i went and did a demo ride at the Brainerd sno cross last year on a nytro and i could not believe at how heavy it was YES i knew it was a four stroke but still, cornering with it was horrific. in a straight line its great but thats it

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TylerC said:
i honestly could not see a 160 lb guy handling a nytro to be as good at jumping as a rush would be. Im not even trying to diss four strokes, just not what their strong suit is.
he is actually 180 lbs and does get to ride his brothers Z1(no turbo) and ride it pretty well, so the weight of the sled is not an issue

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
go with the rush, its adrenaline feeding the brain

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
the rush.. id look at the 800 when it comes out,,, better power idk why for some reason the 600 felt pretty "boggy" maybe just mee...

·
Registered
675 Posts
why doesnt he wait tell 2011 and get the new rmk 800 pro

are dealer has seen the new sled and he said its going to be a very big seller its a nice sled and is very light for being an 800 with a 155x2 track

1 - 20 of 36 Posts