Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been a member here for a few years now, some of you will probably remember my Classic Touring/SKS conversion from a few years ago.(05 actually) WOW!

Anyway, I switched to a 4 stroke in 2008, I bought a Yamaha RS Vector LTX GT. I wanted the Nytro that year but didn't want a 121 or a 151(no choice in between). In 09 Yamaha introduced the XTX a cross over with a tipped up rail, 144" x 1.25, just what I wanted. I loved the Nytro from day 1! The only down falls were the lack of storage space and small gas tank. 28 litre tank just didn't cut it! The first year I had to strap a gas can to my running board for longer trips, the second year I added a Tour Buddy, but it was ugly! It did give me the range I wanted but hated the look! So this fall I started a project I have been wanting to do for a while!

year 1 with gas can on tunnel

saddle bad for storage, worked so well I left it on all the time

tour buddy. Ugly but functional!

In October I had my sled apart to replace the exhaust gaskets because late last spring it developed a rattle in the exhaust and was sure it was the dreaded gasket failure, after all I did have around 6500km and most people say they go around 5000km. I had everything apart so I said what the heck now was as good a time as any to do this!

Here are a few pics along the way.

my favorite addition, now when I get to the camp I can run to the store and pick up my beverage for the night!

I should have no worries for storage or fuel this year!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question, but where does your exhaust come out now?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Maybe it comes out underneath the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it exits under the tunnel, straight out the back.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
So you keep the exhaust from burning everything behind you, and you have a little stash spot under the seat for storage too...

Nice mod, I like it!! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I actually have a small bag under the seat with a few things that I won't ride without but hopefully don't need, ie, booster cables, tow strap, small first aid kit.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
radianguy said:
Yeah I actually have a small bag under the seat with a few things that I won't ride without but hopefully don't need, ie, booster cables, tow strap, small first aid kit.
LOL, booster cables for a sled... (R)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
LOL, booster cables for a sled... (R)
no pull cord on a 4Stroke bud!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yea try pulling over a four stroke. pu crack aaahhh my arms are broke!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got some snow and got the sled outside!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
flatlander_summit said:
I think the next mod it needs is a fan ;)
?? Sorry I don't get it?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
^^^Me neither

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh believe me I want to turbo this thing so bad!! The problem is there is nobody around here that has any experience putting a turbo on these things. Maybe one of these days...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts