Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone rode a nytro? Or any thumper sled? In just cant imagine a 4 stroker, but I guess theyre lighter and snappier now. Reason I ask is I found a 08 nytro for way cheap

·
Registered
443 Posts
My friends dad has a 08 nytro and i guess they have alot of power.

·
Registered
463 Posts
two of my buddies have nytros, they are quick off the line but in a 1/3 mi flat out race they get smoked by everything from my 900 switchback to a built xcr600. they do ride and handle great, and require very minimal maintanence! i think yamaha's superior r&d, and incredible engineering is what sets the nytro's and most yamaha products apart from the rest. dont get me wrong these sleds are powewrful and fast but no faster than a 800 polaris or skidoo!

polaris 4-strokers are turds, and i wasnt impressed with the arctic cats either,

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this guy says he will let this one go for 2200! I suppose the 4 stroke would outlast a 2 stroke? But I bet when it is time to rebuild it will be a small fortune?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I rode a 2008 nytro turbo..

In the straight line, it's fast.

In hard turns it's a little heavy, but not bad.

In tight twisty trails, you'll want to leave it and go get a real sled....

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I rode a 07 Attack (i believe it was an 07) 1000cc triple and that thing was wicked fast, very broad power band and that thing would pull up all the way to 120mph on the speedo(never had it on a gps to see what it really was at) only downside is the thing handled like crap in any sort of powder but it was a great lake/trail sled.

Still lost to my 98 SRX 700 in a field about 1/2 mile long though! [;)]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
For 2200 that is crazy cheap, check it over very carefully! And yes it is quite pricey to rebuild, as long as you just preventive replace stuff and it doesn't take out the crank or jugs it's not crazy bad.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
srx_600 said:
I rode a 07 Attack (i believe it was an 07) 1000cc triple and that thing was wicked fast, very broad power band and that thing would pull up all the way to 120mph on the speedo(never had it on a gps to see what it really was at) only downside is the thing handled like crap in any sort of powder but it was a great lake/trail sled.

Still lost to my 98 SRX 700 in a field about 1/2 mile long though! [;)]
The 120 on the dream o meter is closer to 90. Yamaha's speedos were way off on top end.
As far as the Yamaha's triples, They are prone to timing chain problems.
I am talking from experience with the triples. Over 10,000 miles between the two that I owned, both of them had engine problems. They are smooth and have a wide power band, fun to ride but I think Yamaha bragged them up more then they really are.
It all depends on what your looking for in a sled and your riding style.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
My buddy has a 07 1000cc triple 4 banger. I dont like it. It is not much faster than the 600 polaris xcsp's, and is tippy and a heavy turd. and it EATS sliders. like 6 pair a season. Id rather ride my 01 xcsp. and ive riddin it alot. Now the 1049cc 4 cylinder RTX apex is another story. still heavy. but powerful

The older sx viper 700 tripples with powervalves were fast, the STOCK one here did 176km/ph on radar. And with 9200 miles, never a problem. and good on gas. groomed trail machine. but when it came to deeper snow, and hill climbing, it was heavy, and liked to trench and get stuck

·
Registered
242 Posts
dirtydan said:
this guy says he will let this one go for 2200! I suppose the 4 stroke would outlast a 2 stroke? But I bet when it is time to rebuild it will be a small fortune?
i have ridin the nytro, the only thing i didnt like about it is the fact that it wasnt as rider forward as the other sleds

For 2200..i would say do it...but make sure all maintenance was done right...but take this into consideration" every sled has its problems and but as long as you take care of it you can keep the problems to a minimum"

·
Registered
863 Posts
$2200 for a 2008 nytro, i would wonder whats up.

·
Registered
527 Posts
mxz440kid said:
$2200 for a 2008 nytro, i would wonder whats up.
X2 if I could get a 08 nytro for that price that wasn't totaled I could justify buying a few. There must be something wrong, either with the sled of the person selling it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
you should post up a link because there's one for sale on oddle by me to for about the same price. and I'm on the other side of the country if it's the same it's obviously a scam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts