Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am looking to better monitor my 2010 SB dragon 800. Kinda leaning towards o2 gauges etc as opposed to egt gauges being that it is a CFI sled and that there are no major mods to be done to the sled at this time. What do you guys thinks. Who runs O2 gauges. Pics of the install would be great.
Also what is the best location for the O2 sensor itself?
I know that the life expectancey of the sensor is less because of the 2 stroke oil but Koso makes a bung insert to prolong the life. Anyone use these before?
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I run EGT gauges on my IQr and a o2 sensor on my RMK. Both seem to work fine but they say the o2 gauge is a little more accurate and better for fine tuning,I have heard the average o2 sensor lasts about 600 miles but have read about some with 1500 miles and no problems yet. The EGTs will last longer and makes it easier to watch each cylinder instead of the mixture as a whole. Its kind of personal preferance really,some guys run both!

You can see my o2 sensor is on the down pipe after the turbo.
20103365950810_1554.jpg

AEM wideband
201031231017122_1554.jpg

Good spot to mount it on your sled.

EGTs on IQr, the probes are mounted on the Y pipe coming off the engine.
200911120318967_1554.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, what about the insert that prolongs the life. Any users?
What is a perferred gauge? I have my own ideas but I thought I would ask.
Any other opinions on O2 sensors?
Ryan

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Make sure to get a wideband gauge, AEM seems to be one of the more popular ones. The plug would save alot on your sensor,a day of riding with it and you will know where you are lean or rich and will know what should be changed. Do you plan on putting a power commander on it? If you ran one of those I honestly probably wouldnt even run a gauge as that will take care of the lean spots the 800s are known for.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I planned on buying a PCV but it would void my warrenty. I know I could take it off but I don't want the hassle if they figure it out. I have already spoke to them and as much as they say it may help, they won't cover any damage. I have heard good things about the PCV and will end up getting one regardless. Got to do more research on them and find out which map is the righ one for me. CFI sleds are new to me.

You think I wouldn't an O2 gauge even if I get a PCV? Thanks for the info.

I will check out AEM. I am looking at other companies as well like Autometer and glowshift.

I think I have decided that egts are not for me with this sled.

Thanks alot, anyone else with an opinion?

Ryan

·
Registered
610 Posts
What did you end up doing? Any pictures.

What companies did you find that made gauges that work well with sleds?

I'm thinking about doing the same thing on my sled.

I can't decide between the two gauges. It seems a bit pricey to get both for my sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts