Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is octane booster worht it. which kind is good. some friends of mine run klots octane booster some say they notice it some say they dont. any tips are helpful

3 IN A ROW MAKE YOU GO!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey iroc 22 just out of curiosity, do you have any special ways of taking off with the rxl with out fouling plugs?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had a car that I ran at the track and got about four 13.0 second runs in a row. A friend loaned be a can of booster and on the next pass I finally got into the twelves. 12.86 to be exact. Who nows if it was the booster or not . It could have been.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for about how long. i let it idle for like 3-4 mins. is it possible to let it idle for too long. Do you run 9's or 8's. and also i have a bog on take off and one of my friends said all the rxl's have them is this true?

·
Registered
777 Posts
adding octane doesn,t make power just allows you to run higher compression ,more timing. those boosters are kind of a joke 1 can to a tank increases octane maybe from 92.0 to 92.7

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya im probably better off to put my money somewhere else

·
Registered
64 Posts
i believe its the other way around for ngk spark plugs...9 would be colder then 8s....correct me if i am wrong.

1992 polaris rxl 650

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
8's are hotter than 9's

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Also, for the past year i've been using BR9EV in my sled and the resistance to fouling they provide IS noticeable. EV=(gold palladium electrode) They are NOT V-shaped, but are instead a very fine-wire tiped plug. I never fouled a single plug last year. Even some of my friends have switched to this plug because it works surprisingly well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does any one know if all RXL's have a bog? and does anyone know how to lean out the computer??

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by hotrod:
Hmmmm now you got me second guessing on the plugs. Any one else?

[/quote]

You mean about the heat range?
It says right HERE

It's a simple mistake. I used to think the same.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im 100% sure that a 9 is a colder plug than an 8

·
Registered
777 Posts
higher the # the colder.9,s cold ..2,s hot colder plugs have a shorter porcelin,dissapate heat quicker

·
Registered
777 Posts
well we figured that out ,whats next, lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks megaman for clearing that up for me. Ive had that wrong in my head for years. I guess im lucky I have always used the same range of plug. The BR9es for every sled I remember.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts