Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im just wondering if i should run Polaris VES oil instead of Amsoil series 2000 synthetic racing oil in my new Pro X 600. I just got rid of my '96 XLT Special and i have a box of Amsoil just sitting here. Well i guess the real question is will Amsoil Synthetic gum up exhaust valves?

BTW these are some great forums, lotsa helpfull people.[:D]

P-Man we have the same sled, what oil works best for you?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Don't feel obligated to use the polaris oil...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The Amsoil will work just fine, maybe even better than the Polaris. Also, you don't really need the series 2000, unless your running a heavily modded engine. The regular Amsoil synthetic injector oil will work just as good, and it less expensive.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i run amsoil in my 95 zr580 and it barley smokes and smells alot better then regular two cycle oil. P-man Runs a Shell brand synthetic i believe because he had a ton of build up on the Valves after running polaris VES oil and he only ran a few hundred miles and they were badly gummed up and dirty

·
Registered
637 Posts
IMO Polaris Oil is good oil.. but it's over priced.. I think AMSOIL is supperior, and It cost less.. Heh, that's a win win in my books..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
This has been discussed to death already.... Please don't post an FAQ.

Do a search on the forum first. I guarentee at least 3-4 topics come up discussing this.

-Dean

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Dean, A lot of the topics in here have been discussed in great detail. If you see something that has been hammered to death don't go into it. Really pretty simple!![;)]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went riding this past weekend with a guy who works for a local dealership. He said that they were informed by Arctic Cat thats sleds running Amsoil will not be covered under warranty. My reply was you got to be kidding, and he said he was serious. The guy definitely works at the dealership and he seemed to know his stuff about other issues, so if this wasn't true I'm not sure what his point would be to tell us this information. He did tell me my 01 ZR 800 pistons are covered to be replaced under a Oct 2002 AC service bulletin which I didn't know about (bought the sled used in Fall 2001).

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by jgf_zr
[br]I went riding this past weekend with a guy who works for a local dealership. He said that they were informed by Arctic Cat thats sleds running Amsoil will not be covered under warranty. My reply was you got to be kidding, and he said he was serious. The guy definitely works at the dealership and he seemed to know his stuff about other issues, so if this wasn't true I'm not sure what his point would be to tell us this information. He did tell me my 01 ZR 800 pistons are covered to be replaced under a Oct 2002 AC service bulletin which I didn't know about (bought the sled used in Fall 2001).
Ok, two options here:

A. This guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

B. He's being an azz, and is simply out, and out lying to you.

This has been discussed before. A law was passed that simply states that a manufaturor's warrenty IS NOT voided due to you not running their brand specific brand of oil! END OF STORY!!!!

You can run any brand of 2 stroke oil you want, and still be covered. Those are the facts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
just my .02 cents worth but....I had the same question, and asked the polaris test riders what they use. Reply was the old blue, have to clean the valves at 500 miles either way. I switched to amzoil and have no problems with 1000 miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts