Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know anything about the blade line of sleds or the redline sleds? or any other types. i know the blade line has a polaris motor.

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
155 Posts
http://www.bladesnowmobiles.com/models.html for blade and http://www.redlinesnowmobiles.com for redlines

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I know a bit about the Redline and more about the Blade. Spent like an hour talking to a dealer the one time while looking at them.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know the websites, i am just wondering why are they not as big as cat,polaris,ski doo and all of them?

1996 ZRT 600

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holy crap!!!!! no kidding. i think that the price they want for a normal brand of sled these days should be reduced by 2 grand or more

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
125 Posts
I figured the blades and redlines were probably expensive .. but holy $hit! That's just downright wrong! Especially when you figure that into canadian $$ .. tha'ts like 15 - 30k!! You can get yourself and DAMN nice car for that here!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
All the guys I ride with told me about the one time they saw a blade on the trail. It attracted attention at the gas station then a while later after it had left they went down teh trail and there it was blown up :|

·
Registered
93 Posts
All the guys I ride with told me about the one time they saw a blade on the trail. It attracted attention at the gas station then a while later after it had left they went down teh trail and there it was blown up :|
============================

That might have been mine. Last weekend we were in the Munising area. I blew a belt and it blew through the cowling. It bent a protective piece of aluminum that rubbed on the clutch. It made an awful noise like a lawn mower, but it wasn't blown up. Anyway, I riveted the piece down, riveted aluminum over the hole in the cowling, and good to go for the rest of the season. They will replace the cowling under warranty in the off season. There's only a couple of weeks left in the season, and I didn't want it down for such a minor thing. Anyway, its a fun sled to ride. Interested to see how it stands up to the REV and/or the Firecat. I think the REV and the cat will beat it in the corners, as mine is a long track. Have to check out the comfort though. Mine is nice. It's fun to ride and comfortable. Not really worth all the big bucks. But it is (or was) different and fun. It weighs 435 pounds, which is pretty good for a long track. Got the new M16 suspension, which is sweet!

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think both the Rev and the firecat are pretty good nock offs. The rev is getting great reviews. I think the firecat would be cool too because of the longer track and high horsepower.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I saw a Blade a couple of weeks ago on the trail. It certainly turned all our heads, and caused a lot of talk at the next pit stop.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how much was that blade? and what are the other specs. and have you ever raced it against anything?

1996 ZRT 600

1 - 14 of 14 Posts