Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wants to trade his 05 Fusion 900 121 + $1000 for my 03 Pro-X 700 136. The Fusion is in pieces but 99% of it is there including aftermarket parts like a can, high flow airbox, brand new 2" track, bars/risers, big wheel kit, new hood & tub. All it needs is gearing & top end gaskets. My Pro-X is all stock other than bars/risers & newer track. I've heard the Fusion is a POS & that Polaris stopped making the 900 because of that. Is there any truth to this? Anything else you guys think I should know, let me know because if it's a POS, I'll just sell my Pro-X. Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
MXZ700SKS700 said:
A friend of mine wants to trade his 05 Fusion 900 121 + $1000 for my 03 Pro-X 700 136. The Fusion is in pieces but 99% of it is there including aftermarket parts like a can, high flow airbox, brand new 2" track, bars/risers, big wheel kit, new hood & tub. All it needs is gearing & top end gaskets. My Pro-X is all stock other than bars/risers & newer track. I've heard the Fusion is a POS & that Polaris stopped making the 900 because of that. Is there any truth to this? Anything else you guys think I should know, let me know because if it's a POS, I'll just sell my Pro-X. Thanks!
well,i cant help you on the trade deal....but the 900\s did have some issues but thet can be ironed out(not what i would call a piece of sh%t)....the 700's are very good(few issues)...but the 600;s in my opinion are excellent...just my 2 cents....try to get someone to trade you for an 06 fusion 600 ho...with no cash offered just the trades,you would be on the lucky side...cheers and hope for snow!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
i'd keep the 7, too much hassle for the 9 imo. your 7 looks better than the 9 too.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
you will miss your Pro-x

·
Registered
654 Posts
i have owned both once you do recalls like every sledhas it is a great sled tons of tourque never left me anywhere and you can put a 136 kit with the extra 1000 he gives you maybe some ugraded shocks

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Id do it. Just male sure you get the recal taken care of. My friend got one and hasn't had a problem... I'm just waiting for someone to say it shakes too much. But why is it in pieces?

·
Registered
848 Posts
You should read that giant fusion owners thread. Last year I read through nearly the whole thing a ton of info in there. Ultimately it convinced me to go with something else, ended up paying a little bit more but i'm happy.

·
Registered
718 Posts
yup you'll miss that pro x. your pro x is probly lighter and shakes less.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You would probably be getting the better end of the deal, but I'd rather keep the Pro-X 7. Completely agree with everything Shady and Dodger have said.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't reply to all right now because I'm at work & it's a bitch to reply with itouch. I'm selling the 700 regardless. I have my XR 800 mod & need the room. I have the xcr 800 now too, the 700 needs to go. I'll get on later & reply, thank you all!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
MXZ700SKS700 said:
I can't reply to all right now because I'm at work & it's a bitch to reply with itouch. I'm selling the 700 regardless. I have my XR 800 mod & need the room. I have the xcr 800 now too, the 700 needs to go. I'll get on later & reply, thank you all!
You need the room, but you're considering a trade for another sled?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
MXZ700SKS700 said:
You need the room, but you're considering a trade for another sled?
Yeah, I really didn't make myself clear. Right now I need it gone to not only make room in the garage for the next project (don't like leaving machines outside if I can help it/bastard kids around here) but also to get some cash to fund it. I've been doing this for a while now, I either buy a machine & ride it for a season or build one & sell it to fund another project. Hands on is the only way I really learn & there is SO much I still don't know. I want to keep the projects coming. If this Fusion is not worth it, I don't want to get into it. The practice is great but I need to know that I can at least break even in the end. Thanks.

900modman said:
i have owned both once you do recalls like every sledhas it is a great sled tons of tourque never left me anywhere and you can put a 136 kit with the extra 1000 he gives you maybe some ugraded shocks
What was the recall? Thanks.

MuscleD said:
Id do it. Just male sure you get the recal taken care of. My friend got one and hasn't had a problem... I'm just waiting for someone to say it shakes too much. But why is it in pieces?
Shakes too much huh? Tipsy too? He tore it down to rebuild & other projects got in front. We're always doing stuff like that up here because there's literally nothing to do here.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bames said:
You should read that giant fusion owners thread. Last year I read through nearly the whole thing a ton of info in there. Ultimately it convinced me to go with something else, ended up paying a little bit more but i'm happy.
I'll definitely check it out, thanks for the tip.

shady800x said:
yup you'll miss that pro x. your pro x is probly lighter and shakes less.
I have a 440/800 Pro-XR mod so I don't think I'll miss it all that much. It is a bad ass sled & Pro-X is my favorite sled so far, I'm just upgrading with the 800.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
its not a bad sled really. it just got a bad rap. if the recal is done then its no big deal. my friend got his and hasnt had a problem. he loves it and i love it when i can ride it. and as far as the shakes too much... well its a 900.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FastPolaris said:
the 900 is a piece of shit.
Care to elaborate on why it's a piece of shit? Thanks.

MuscleD said:
its not a bad sled really. it just got a bad rap. if the recal is done then its no big deal. my friend got his and hasnt had a problem. he loves it and i love it when i can ride it. and as far as the shakes too much... well its a 900.
Recal? Re-calibration? If so, what on? I've never owned anything bigger than a 800 but not all beefy sleds are shaky. I've been on 800's that are but I assume thats an engineering issue, nothing to do with the size of the motor.

·
Registered
718 Posts
ah i see what your doing. completely understandable. good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
MXZ700SKS700 said:
FastPolaris said:
the 900 is a piece of shit.
Care to elaborate on why it's a piece of shit? Thanks.

MuscleD said:
Recal? Re-calibration? If so, what on? I've never owned anything bigger than a 800 but not all beefy sleds are shaky. I've been on 800's that are but I assume thats an engineering issue, nothing to do with the size of the motor.
I think it was a crank issue?? Not exactly sure. But go to the search on here and look for 900 fusion recal. Or call a Polaris dealer. And it seems to shake when its sitting there not while your moving. This has been covered a lot on here and the people who have them won't say its a piece of shit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts