Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Guys and Gals,

The weekend is rapidly approaching. We will have an "official" meeting spot after this weekend. I believe most people are staying at the Whispering Pines. [red]We still need a couple more volunteer's to lead some off trail riding.[/red]

The purpose of this post is to get a head count of people attending, where they are staying and to hopefully find some more off trail leaders. So, please let us know how many are coming in your group and where you are staying.

[red]PLEASE DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU ARE ATTENDING THE RIDE.[/red]

It will be me and one buddy staying at the Whispering Pines. We will be up there around 12 on Friday.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
In my group there will be:

Dean (me)
Jason
Pat (03snopro)
Damian
Derek
Danny
Dell
Paul (riley)

I can do some leading I guess but I do not know the off trail areas, I only know the trail system and 2 little play areas really.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
In my group:

Erick (me)
Brent
Tim
Jason
Neil

And one more who is still debating on coming but if he can, there will be six of us total. We will hopefully have 8 sleds with between the 6 of us. I do not know the area, I have never riden nor have I been in that area before (except Duluth a few times in the summer). I guess that kinda means I cannot lead the way. We are all staying at the Whispering Pines.

One more thing. Leaving here early Thursday morning (like 5:00 A.M. I think) so we will be there around noon to 1:00 on Thursday. We plan on unpacking things and getting some riding in Thursday.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Me and another buddy, Staying at the pines. I Know the trails well in the area but I hopefully will be in an off trail, logging road, powerline group! I know ditchbanger, greasemonkey, and 2sewings will be there as well, I think grease and wings are staying at the knotty pine in isabella, and not sure where ditch is staying!

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is now 6 of us going.

Mike (me)
Eric (sleds4life)
Shane
Doug
Mark
Mike.

We are staying in Isabella behind the Stony River Cafe. We will be there from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon.

Eric and myself know the trails and backcountry real well. Trails, Logging roads, rivers and boondocking. . . from Babbit to Devils track.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It will be just me thur. and friday and one other person sat. I can take some people out fri. and sat. I have to leave sun morning early. I will be staying at the Knotted Pines. Where is everyone going to meet up at and what times?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I can lead the oldmans(slow group) on sat. I just have to leave by 4-5 pm.
do you guys have a course set up yet?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Unless things go terribly wrong around here, me and a friend (Dawayne) will be up there early to mid afternoon on Friday. We are staying at Whispering Pines. I don't know the area at all. I was up to Two Harbors last season, but a blown head gasket made my trip really short.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by greasemonkey
[br]It will be just me thur. and friday and one other person sat. I can take some people out fri. and sat. I have to leave sun morning early. I will be staying at the Knotted Pines. Where is everyone going to meet up at and what times?
Is scott gonna be up there? I just know I wanna be in your group John for the Sat am ride!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey where abouts in minnesota are we talking? because I know of a few different whispering pines resorts. I would Be glad to show you guys around if you are talking about the Itasca county area.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by moto_racer05
[br]Hey where abouts in minnesota are we talking? because I know of a few different whispering pines resorts. I would Be glad to show you guys around if you are talking about the Itasca county area.
Whispering Pines, Illgen City, on the north shore!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I'm in, My little bro and Nephew are coming from the cities,another Brother and maybe a buddy so far.We are thinking of dropping off in Two harbors and meeting up early Sat.morn. "Anybody have a map they can post"??? 2Cats-2Doo's 2-Yamy's

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Here is a general map of the area.
http://www.ripperd.com/ftp/admins/isabella_snowmobile_map.jpg

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
good ripperd, you can help get me unstuck.lol to bad your dad isnt coming up. we could all get a work out digging him out. lol

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]good ripperd, you can help get me unstuck.lol to bad your dad isnt coming up. we could all get a work out digging him out. lol
He is, his name is Dell on the list. [:)]

It should be a good time!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
paul with your knees you better not get stuck!!

with the temps that are coming next week we will be lucky to even get some poweder.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts