Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]paul with your knees you better not get stuck!!

with the temps that are coming next week we will be lucky to even get some poweder.
Speaking of warm temps. Just a reminder to everyone going up there. The rivers AND lakes are not safe this year. With all of the warm temps. the rivers ( even the little ones going into the swamps are open ) The lakes are full of slush and open spots. Almost turned the new Yamaha into a submarine on section 29 lake last weekend. Lots a open spots,not just slush. I know the Yamaha is heavy so I was worried. Did not feel like going for a swim in jan. Ride at your own discresion and ride smart.

·
Registered
85 Posts
really? the lakes arent safe? Thats surprising since some of the lakes in Twin Cities are decent, or actually a little north of the metro but still, wow

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by pro785racr
[br]really? the lakes arent safe? Thats surprising since some of the lakes in Twin Cities are decent, or actually a little north of the metro but still, wow
With the cold nites we have had this last week the lakes should be better. Lets hope so.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
ME!!!
Leaving Friday morning by 8 a.m.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
You think that's bad? You don't want to know how many times I've had my sled apart and together in the last two weeks. I still have to put the rear shock back in, AGAIN. Yes, I did something stupid. Got the rear shock rebuilt when I had the skid out for the trak replacement (shock was already in need of it...big surprise W/E shocks suck). Anyways, I put it in with the remote reservoir strapped on...rode for a while, adjusted the track, seen the clamps on the remote reservoir were lose from the shock and was like "I have to remember to tighten them before I go riding". Well, I forgot. The thing fell off, wrecked the reservoir and the hose broke, lost all my oil. Got it rebuilt today though, AGAIN..only after two days. Tough luck huh? I will get it together Wednesday night and in the trailer ready to role 5 A.M. Thursday morning.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Ya. With all the 440's and ex-440's I wonder how many are going down this weekend [;)] The 5 440's in my group kinda have a running joke that at least one possibly two are breaking down. Hopefully not mine though lol.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yea i'm in the same boat on the still fixing, My handle bars are hanging like noodles from the column right now! Need to put on the new throttle cable and brake cable tonight as well as the new riser! So I should be ready to roll after tonight, I hope!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Figured I'd post this hear, just incase people didnt see it in the other post:

and last but not least.......... We have a plan for Saturday.

Everyone will be meeting at 8am at the gas stations in Finland. I'm sure it wont be too hard to find the group. We will wait there until we know that we have everyone or until 9am which ever comes first. After much discussion we have decided to try to ride as one group on the power-lines from Finland to Isabella. We are going to gas up in Isabella and then we will venture off trail from there. We will break up the group at this point if necessary. Once again after much discussion, we decided it would be easiest if people brought something with them to snack on for lunch. We will stop off in the wilderness somewhere. We just felt that it would take a lot of our riding time if we stopped somewhere as a group of 40 for lunch. We will eventually make our way back to the Four Seasons in Finland for Dinner around 5. After dinner we will make our way back to Whispering Pines for a bonfire and festivities. It would be cool if those staying in Isabella would come down for the bonfire as well... We didn't discuss that last night..

We will plan Sunday's riding on Saturday night.

Something that did not get discussed last night is a Second meeting spot for anyone that misses us at the gas station in Finland. I think we should make that second spot, Isabella. However, I am not sure how long it is going to take us to get from Finland to Isabella via the power-line. So I will tentatively say 11am in Isabella. It will take us awhile to get gas there since it is a single pump gas station.

Now I know this plan is a deviation from the "original" plan. It appeared that most(if not all) of the group wanted to do mostly off trail type riding, so this is what we came up with. If anyone that wasn't able to make it last night has any concerns with this plan PLEASE let me know. I know there might be a few that would prefer to trail ride and I think we have someone willing to lead that group, if needed.

The goal is to make this fun for everyone so once again, if you have any concerns, PLEASE let me know. Remember if you miss us at any of the meeting spots, you will certainly find us at Whispering Pines in the evening.

Have a safe trip everyone!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
one thing to remember is that most of the off trail is running threw the woods next to the trail. or heading off out into the woods and coming back.

plus after friday the off trail might not be much

21 - 35 of 35 Posts