Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas let us know once you get all squared away. This will give us an easier way to get a look at how many fanatics will be joining us.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Alright Joey boy, lets do er to er!
I'm in. 19th and 20th, and if I can get the 20th off (Friday's I work evenings) I'll probably stick around for a lil cruise Saturday the 21st as well before I have to head back south.
As of now I'm gonna try and find one of my friends to head up there with me, if not I'll post a reply soon and maybe someone else out there riding solo will wanna split a room
(don't worry, I'm not a serial killer, or a rapist[B)]).

Monday I plan on calling a place or two listed in the other thread about pricing and what not for a room.

Perhaps we should (and by WE, I mean YOU all that live around there/have experience) nail down a hotel that everyone could stay at? Minus those that at the end of the night are just going home or staying at a local friends place. That way after the ride we can shoot the sh!t, versus everyone going there separate ways?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I am in for the 19th - 20th and 21st. (group from home to arrive on the 22nd.) currently working on securing a room, anyone who wants to split a room send me a pm. I have a email out to marsh ridge (as rays retreat doesn't have any rooms open that weekend) although a hotel room would suit me fine as well. so if someone wants to try and get a group rate at a hotel up there that would be great.

·
Registered
290 Posts
maybe we could get a few cabins up at beaver creek? never been there myself, but my buddy who's comin says they're nice and have a good location. perhaps if enough people got rooms there (or wherever else we choose) we could get a discounted group rate?

·
Registered
290 Posts
http://www.beavercreekresort.org/bcr/new/winterlodging.wml

the rates on the website are golf season only (may-october).

i filled out the online form with my name, phone #, etc and plan on talking to them tomorrow about a "group rate".

at least this way vs. a hotel you'd have a kitchen, indoor pool, etc

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by SEF600x
[br]http://www.beavercreekresort.org/bcr/new/winterlodging.wml

the rates on the website are golf season only (may-october).

i filled out the online form with my name, phone #, etc and plan on talking to them tomorrow about a "group rate".

at least this way vs. a hotel you'd have a kitchen, indoor pool, etc
The indoor pool is in the clubhouse and you would have to drive up to the clubhouse if you planned on swimming. still not a bad location, I've stayed there before the oil wells are off the backside of the golfcourse they are fun to ride at times.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
heres a link to their winter rates and pics of the cabins SEF600x
http://www.beavercreekresort.org/bcr/new/cabins.wml

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be up till at least Saturday, maybe Sunday morning as well. Probably bringing at least two others with me and maybe 3 others as well.

See you all one month from today!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
those rates say they're for may-october...aren't they different for winter?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[br]those rates say they're for may-october...aren't they different for winter?
You have to look around in there to find the winter rates. I found them earlier but I don't remember where. They were 69.95 p/ person I believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
count me in scott email me when you find some info out on beaver creek they havent replied to my email yet but the yeah beaver creek is on an awesome location you got the golf course to ride on which most of the time is lots of powder then also the oil lines then right across the road is the lake and you can get on the trails from there

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
[br]
[br]those rates say they're for may-october...aren't they different for winter?
You have to look around in there to find the winter rates. I found them earlier but I don't remember where. They were 69.95 p/ person I believe.
Winter Rates

Start Date: Oct 1 End Date: Close
Sun-Thurs
$69.95 per person ANY TIME

Fri-Sat
$69.95 per person ANY TIME

as I said before (we (the group I usually come up to gaylord with)) stay at beaver creek for about 45 dollars for Sunday - wednesday usually 10 -13 people in one of the large cabins. so depending on how many people want to join up with other people I would personally like to split the cost with other people just so that the cost is a little cheaper for everyone. So scott let me know if you don't mind having an extra

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
has anyone heard anything back from beaver creek?

·
Registered
364 Posts
im in and so is my dad

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just called Beaver Creek Resort and this is what they said...No group rates during the winter. They do have available a 6 bed (queen size) that can sleep 12 cabin with 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room for $147.00 includes tax per night. They said if the group gets together and splits the difference it wouldn't cost that much.Just thought I would let you guys know.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'm up for going in on a cabin at beaver creek if anyone else is. pm me if you'd like to book a cabin or if you already have one booked and want to split the cost some more.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
beaver creek has a small cabin available right now, if you are interested in splitting the cost let me know so that I can get it reserved otherwise I'm gonna start looking at hotel rooms as I want to lock in a place to stay for those days.
Let me know as soon as you can, and as scott said earlier, I'm not a serial killer or rapist either, just looking for a cheaper trip and to meet some new people. If all of us get a cabin together that will be around 8 people which makes it about 48.00 per person for thursday afternoon through sunday morning. If we get the large cabin it's 55.00 per person for thursday afternoon through sunday morning for those of you that will not be up until friday I'm sure that we could adjust the cost to make if a little more fair. I sent beaver creek a email asking how many people a small cabin would sleep, I have a air mattress so I have a bed that leaves the other beds and couches open. If you would rather do hotel rooms then lets all look at what our options are so that maybe we can get rooms reserved, if you already have rooms reserved let me know so I can get mine as well. looking forward to meeting you all in 20 days

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I just got a e-mail back from beaver creek and the small cabin sleeps 4 people so that would put the price each at 92.00 so the larger cabin seems like the logical way to go, what do you all think?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Well I think it's safe to say that it has been pretty quiet around here lately, I think the warm temps and lack of snow has got everyone depressed...lol

91530ext posted this on the original topic.
OK all we need to get this thing going ...

were are we meting ?
what trail are we going to ried?
who's coming ?
what time are we hitting the trail?
do we need to bring anything ?
dose anyone need anything trail permits ex....?
contact info ?
you guys know.....all the stuff we need to know
dont want it to be a big flop when everyone shose up and we are all but were we need to be and no way to find out were we need to be ..

·
Registered
364 Posts
hope everyone gets ther stuff together.
we need to hear from you guys.
let us know if your going or not so we can
find out if we are going to make this happen or not.
a simpel yes im comeing or no im not will work fine no need to explane why you wont be coming up.
just realy need to get a # together to find out how many we are going to have in the pack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts