Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from NW Ontario know about a rumor I just heard about OFSC talking about grooming between Thunder Bay and Nipigon? Its been along time since a groomer has seen the trails here. Ever since the sled clubs got in a fight and refused to groom it. I live rigth in the middle of the ungroomed trails and want to know if i should buy a permit or not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The following info is posted on the Thunder Bay Adventure Trails website......

TRAIL NEWS UPDATE:

The consultants contracted by the OFSC to work on re-establishing the trail network between Kakabeka Falls and Nipigon have identified a possible East Trail from Thunder Bay to Nipigon. They are currently in the process of securing the necessary permissions. It does appear very promising, however nothing is in place at this time and we cannot guarantee that the East Trail will be re-established for this season.

This does sound promising, however I don't think there is anyway of getting all of the necessary brushing and signage in place for this season.....it will be great when it finally happens but I doubt there is enough time to get things ready for this year.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a little late now for sure. But I'm lookin forward to seeing an actual smooth trail soon in Dorion. I'm used to runnin trails that would make blair morgan look twice here!!:p

·
Registered
197 Posts
The rough stuff can be lots of fun but it will be awesome once the trails connecting the east to the west is once again complete. The number of permits sold in the area will be back in the thousands again compared to the couple hundred that are sold now.

It will be a win/win for everyone, sledders, businesses and tourism for the area.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Apparently they said they were going to do that. I'm going to wait and see until they actually get the trails started...

None of the clubs have supplied data.

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/Trails/TrailDetails.asp?Dist=16

1 - 5 of 5 Posts