Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and my buddy went riding on the mississippi river today and we're just bouncing around on some island having fun ... we found a small spot of open water and after going through it i heard a squek from the engine compartment ... we pulled up on an island and my buddy said "holy sh*t" ... somehow my primary clutch bolt had backed itself almost ALL the way out ... the only thing keeping it from coming out all the way was the little rubber stopper covering the hole ... we hand tightened it back up and i tightened it as good as i could holding onto the clutch with my hand and rode it home ... how did this happen ... what should i do? should i take it back out and put some loctite on it .. how hard should i tighten it if i can grab a torque wrench? i'm kinda stumped how this happened cause it never has before ... the last person to touch my clutch was a dealership early in december when they put a new primary spring in it!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
sometimes things rattle loose, especially if they aren't tightened right to begin with. torque it to 50 ft/lbs. do not use loctite.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Sounds like the tech at the dealership made a whoops. Like Customized89Trail said, tighten her to 50 ft/lbs and be off!

·
Registered
482 Posts
the bolt is really like the back up to holding the clutch on, its probly stuck so bad on that shaft you could ride all day with no bolt. I wouldnt use the red loctite if you do use it, use the blue its not as hard to break when you want to take the bolt out

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay thanks guys ... tightened it back up so hopefully this is the problem

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey it is accually 65 foot punds and no loctight at all

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
my polaris manual says 50 ft/lbs, i can take picture of it if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Gentlemen, I do know in the service manual it recommends you go for a short ride then re-torque the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts