Snowmobile Fanatics banner

oh boy do i need help ...how does this happen???

701 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  brnr17 
#1 ·
so me and my buddy went riding on the mississippi river today and we're just bouncing around on some island having fun ... we found a small spot of open water and after going through it i heard a squek from the engine compartment ... we pulled up on an island and my buddy said "holy sh*t" ... somehow my primary clutch bolt had backed itself almost ALL the way out ... the only thing keeping it from coming out all the way was the little rubber stopper covering the hole ... we hand tightened it back up and i tightened it as good as i could holding onto the clutch with my hand and rode it home ... how did this happen ... what should i do? should i take it back out and put some loctite on it .. how hard should i tighten it if i can grab a torque wrench? i'm kinda stumped how this happened cause it never has before ... the last person to touch my clutch was a dealership early in december when they put a new primary spring in it!

#2 ·
sometimes things rattle loose, especially if they aren't tightened right to begin with. torque it to 50 ft/lbs. do not use loctite.

#7 ·
my polaris manual says 50 ft/lbs, i can take picture of it if you'd like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.