Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you guys know I ride an oldie but goodie (73 tx 440) but my buddy is building me a 1995 plus other parts XCR. This is going to be a really neat sled. It is black with red and burnt orange stripping.Does anyone remmeber this sled? Any ways it is a basket case now but will be a very great sled and it will have a 500 liquid engine that will be piped and and bored. It should be a really quick sled. We are putting plastic skies on it. Well we might even get it done for this year if we do I will try to post a pic. I should take a pic of it now so you can see the mess it is. The engine is in one corner and the belly pan is over there and the chasey is in another corner of the shop and the seat is in the house and is mint. But for now I will keep riding my old babie by the way I wont sell the old one once I get the XCR running. I will always keep it to put some of those Ski-doo riders in check about the old ones not being very quick.(hahah)[:D]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
[:D]the XCR ruled snowcross when first released in the late 80s or early 90s.was a potent 440 in its day.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I had a 91 500 that I bored .040 over and it had trail porting but wasn't piped...my 97 xc 440 (same fugi engine but different jug) is faster stock than the modified 500. Those xcr special jugs are very potent stock and lethal once they get ported and piped.

·
Registered
749 Posts
thats hardb to believe but probobly true. those 500 motors weren't really known for there arm pulling orsepower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts