Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. This is really dumb

On November 12 2002, we got about 4 or 5 inches of snow overnight, totally by surprise. I was mad because I had a field to finsh cultivating. But I was also happy because I had recieved my brand new snowmobile on the 9th of November 2002. I thought "hey this an indication of a half decent winter". Boy was I wrong.

The snow then proceeded to melt on the 18th of November. Didn't see another flake until mid December. We get approx 8 inches around the 20th of December 2002. Snow gets quite worn out due to high winds about a week and a half after the snow has been on the ground. We can still ride though, so we can deal with it. 6th of January 2003. Strong South winds. This is not a good indication. 7th of January 2003. Temp skyrockets to 45 degrees. Our 8 inches of snow that was full of dirt, and drifted into ditches melts to about 4 inches of snow left, which is black due to dirt. 8th of January 2003. Temp goes back to 43, stong north wind. Snow pretty much completely disappears, except for deep ditches. Overnight the temperature hammers down to about 12 degrees. From 43. Now all the previous snow is shot, it's all ice because it's saturated with water from the melting snow above it.

Afternoon of the 9th of January 2003. 50 MPH north wind, and snow. Driving, you cannot see the highway in front of you, but because the wind is so strong, and the old crappy ice in the ditch, the new snow just slides along and ends up somewhere unknown because it snowed pretty much all afternoon and we got nothing.

These pics were taken around 2 PM on the 9th.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/jan9sled.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/jan9sleds.jpg

Now. Had it not gotten warm, and had we not had 50 MPH winds. this winter would actually have been half decent.

As it turns out it has been nothing but a headache. Yesterday the snow was all melting, today it taunts us by dropping snow but blowing it all away so it's useless.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
same story here pman...

·
Registered
892 Posts
We had over thirty fish houses fall through the ice just on two lakes around here. Now these guys got to get them out right now because we are going from 50 to sub temps this weekend and their house will be froze in with just the roof sticking out.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I think we're getting the cold air this weekend. Night time lows are suppose to be down around 10 below zero F. Highs only in the teens. Brrrrrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I got 6 inches right now and the lake effect is supposed to drop a foot or more on us tonight here in western NY. Sorry to hear that p man. I know what your going through. It is a good thing that we are getting this snow because we got a snowcross going on here this weekend. Here is a picture out my window right now. The blue house is the neighbors house./snofan/../images/users/arcticcatmatt/DSC00766.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
you wont beleive this in muskoka and orillia there are snow squall warnings producing up to 10 cm of snow every hour till tommorow evening,[:D]Oh my god there is gonna be over 70 cm by saturday morning.[:0]holy shit got to go get ready i am out of here see yall later

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have you beat by a country mile P-man. Here is our current snow conditions. Do not attempt to adjust your screen, there is none. The small trace of snow that is there was from a small dusting today, otherwise there has been none.

·
Registered
63 Posts
55cm[:p] so far count em 55cm[:p] in Port Perry Ont and more coming!!!! Plus the 15cm base we alredy had[:p]

Sorry to hear about you other guy's[|)]

Bye for now gotta ride[:D]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts