Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[10pt][/color=blue][/font=Times New Roman][/10pt][8D]For the last year or so We have been talking about getting together and riding, last season Mustangnut6788 came out to ride, and had so much fun, he joined the club and bought a house up here ! I can host if you don't mind a sleeping bag on the floor[:p] January or February would be best. The weekend of Jan. 15-17 is the OSSA ride in to Grayling Mich., so other than that week, January is open. I don't know when the "GO Snowmobiling" event is this year, but that would be a great time, as there are a lot of events that weekend at BUCKS BAR & GRILL, which is just off the Greenway trail, and is assessable from my home. So now it's on the table, lets do this thing !The sooner we get this thing planned, the better it will be ! Also we should plan an alternate date in case the snow GODZ don't cooperate. [thumb]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Where you thinking? I am only a couple hours away.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
January or February, I'll just need some input, I'll check back after the game....I know, but it's like a car wreck, I just gotta look.....GO BROWNS.....Cower Cower Cower !!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Montville in Northeast Geauga county.
Ps. CORRECTION: Cowher Cowher Cowher !

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am in Toledo. I have heard of trails out there. Never been there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hey Bob! You know I'm up for it. Along with Bob I am also able to host and have plenty of room. It's hard to plan for anything around here with snow being hit or miss. Any date is fine with me. I live only about 10 minutes from ArcticOhio. (Bob-We may have to figure out a path to get me to your place sometime. I'm not sure what trails are around 5-Points.) If I check with Capps we could possibly have people drop there. They have a large parking lot out behind the place.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am down for whatever, just keep posted. I just got my electric start fixed. I am ready to get rid of this rain and need some snow.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If no one minds I'd love to do a ride. I try to make it to the Greenway at least once a year. I've never had the chance to ride with anyone who knows that area.

Think snow!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am trying to find what trails are out there. I would like to find a map of them. Is there a name to the trail system?

·
Registered
776 Posts
In a nutshell...no

There is a little bit out there for the Greenway trail. It's mainly just a bike/jogging trail. I think there is some information on that. Rather than that you just need to ride out here with someone who knows the trails. Some are marked but others are not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mustangnut6788 is right about un-marked trails, he's found places I've never been to like Debonee Winery. I rode down Rt 86 to Girdled Rd to get to work during that huge storm last year, but that was probably illegal. If we get our dates set up maybe we can get permission from the Lake Co. SO or OSP to use RT 86 to Montville from Caps. Also if we plan a dinner or lunch at Caps they may allow us to use their lot. The bottom line is we have to get our act together and plan this thing right, who knows what kind of event we could have ! maybe we could plan it around the pig roast, although we don't always have rideable snow then. I am open to suggestions, lets get this thing together ![:D]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I just found some trails in NW Indiana and SE Michigan that could be fun. I usually just ride Lake Erie.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Let's plan for the last couple weekends in February. We are bound to have snow for one of them. We just have to wait until it snow and meet back up on here and decide.

Did you get a new sled yet Bob?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the end of January early February would be best !

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Late February sounds good ! No new sled yet, Got a new job at the Cleveland Clinic, so I'm thinking 2006 to 2008 F6. But am talking to a guy in Painsville about 98 ZR !

·
Registered
96 Posts
ArcticOhio said:
Late February sounds good ! No new sled yet, Got a new job at the Cleveland Clinic, so I'm thinking 2006 to 2008 F6. But am talking to a guy in Painsville about 98 ZR !
What dept do you work in at the Cleveland Clinic? I have a friend that works there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bio medical research, I don't start until after the new year.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Is there still much interest in Ohio fanatics getting together? I'm planning 2 trips to Grayling Michigan. I do not own a sled, so I'm just renting a sled when I arrive. I'd welcome some wingmen for some riding in Michgan. At least once I'm planning on getting up early and riding all the way up to and into the upper peninsula. Sure, it's technically not riding in the Buckeye state, but if we get together to ride does the location really matter? My plans are:

Jan 22nd (travel day)
Sledding daily from Grayling to wherever Jan 23, 24, 25
Jan 26th (travel day)

Feb 12th (travel day)
Sleding daily from Grayling to wherever Feb 13, 14, 15
Feb 16th (travel day)

·
Registered
463 Posts
i just got some info in the mail from ohio state div. of forestry, that says there are trails at maumee and mohican state parks, it says 38mi. at mohican, any given snowwy afternoon, we have about 30 guys with sleds that all ride together here in columbiana county, yall are welcomne to join us, we usually put on about 35- 80 miles a day but we are all farmers and just ride our own trails from property to property and bar to bar, but over the last ten years have built quite the network of trail! we usually stay away from the greenway area because most of us are studded!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I might be interested next winter. Ill have my liscene the second week of January, so ill be will probably be able to ride in Ohio somewhere. And dan, where is Salem? My brother bought a gooseneck trailer that was made in Salem.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts