Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sled's plugs foul out every time i ride my sled, i am putting new plugs in it every day. The plugs are black and oily, maybe some gas too. It seems to me the engine is running rich, sometimes it gets so bad my engine wont rev over 4,000rpm with wot. should i take it to the dealer or just try to lean it out a little? [?]

the sled is an old indy trail

thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
How's your oil pump working, or is it stuck wide open. Are you using alot of oil? Im not sure on your sled, but some oil pumps default to wide open if your cable breaks. Check your oil pump cable as a start.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
well again ,another older sled ,pre 2000 ,seems like the gas we buy today turns varnishy ,gets what i call floaties and scum in it ,much like a fish tank ,,so what we do is ,take the cartb off ,clean them real good ,making sure you're pilot jets are clean ,thats the small jet infront of the main jet, next make sure you needles and seats are clean and working ,attach a piece of hose to the fuel inlet turn them upside down and blow on them ,to see if they hold pressure, next put inline fuel filters on each carb,I know they have one betwwen the tank and the fuel pump also ,this is fine but does not catch the junk coming out of the fuel pump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts