Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions as usual for me. I took off my pipe and can on my 01 Po 600xcsp to get at the chaincase and oil was dripping out of both. Right at the Y-Pipe and at the other end, and also out of the can when I turned it upside down... I assume this is from when I tried to start and couldn't. I also assume this is not good.

Question 1: Is there a way to clean the pipe and can inside without damaging or do I need to get new?

Question 2: If I have to get a new one, what is a good light weight one to get that is as quiet or quieter than stock, and doesn't require jetting changes, etc.?

A performance boost would be great, but not necessary. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Just run it, it will burn out. Sounds like you have a mix of excess oil/fuel. No need for a new pipe.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Just run it, it will burn out. Sounds like you have a mix of excess oil/fuel. No need for a new pipe.
Sounds like he's looking for an excuse to upgrade![:D]

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes... but would like to keep the money in my pocket on this one if I can... :) (pun intended).

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Just run it. Oil sometimes builds up inside of pipe from excessive summer idling or from excessive pull starting. Just dump out whatever you can, clean what you can reach with a rag, and run it. Pipe is 100% ok.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
No issues at all....Keep your money for gas...WE are all going to need it, if prices keeps going up, like it is...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys... one less thing to worry about... Got a bit of snow here in Duluth last night, but not enough to ride yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts