Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i go in to the garage,i notice there is 2 spots of oil under my sled under the belly..So i looked under the hood, and noticed there was a little bit of oil on the exhaust pipe, just under one of the rave valves..Question is where did it come from? my engine did flood awhile back (primed it to much) and it didnt do this before it flooded..my question is is it doing this cause it was flooded? do they have to be cleaned? (even though it runs great) Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me before our landlord finds out bout all the oil!! isnt really alot but its enough to worry me..

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Most likely because you flooded it. Never a bad idea to clean them. You are going to need to get new gaskets. Pay attention to how it goes together and dont loose the spring under the plastic cap.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Check the bellows and see if it is worn out. The original rave valve design used exhaust pressure to open the valve, with the exhaust goes the unburned gas and oil. I never opened up a rave motor, back in the day, that didn't have some fuel/oil slime in the bellows.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If your careful, you can re-use the gaskets.

Burch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts