Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 sno-pro 440, and the oil tank has a tiny hole in it, and leaks, So I want to order the 2003 oil pump block off plate, but what do I do with the third line that oils the water/oil pump drive?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Are you talking zr3 snopro or the zr4 firecat chassis? A suggestion if you will. Instead of deleting the injection why dont you just buy a used oil tank??

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
How about replacing the oil bottle? It would be a lot less hassle..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the PTO side bearing is fed pressurized oil from the pump.I don't think it's a good idea to delete the pump.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have never understood why people want to premix, if I got a racer but had to premix I'd deal with it. That said I would go out of my way to make it oil injected. The argument of haveing ratio correct is kind of a bogus point, as a properly set up oil pump should give you the proper ratio everytime. However you don't have to waist your time at the pump mixing the oil and jumping up and down on your sled premixing it. Where as your buddies are waiting for you and you look like a goof jumping up and down. Just my 2€

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
people like me like to premix because those stupid little oil pumps have failed and cost us a lot of money. i will never again run injection.

as for you, i dont think you would be able to block off yours. you will run the risk of blowing the bearings.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Empire087 said:
I have never understood why people want to premix, if I got a racer but had to premix I'd deal with it. That said I would go out of my way to make it oil injected. The argument of haveing ratio correct is kind of a bogus point, as a properly set up oil pump should give you the proper ratio everytime. However you don't have to waist your time at the pump mixing the oil and jumping up and down on your sled premixing it. Where as your buddies are waiting for you and you look like a goof jumping up and down. Just my 2€
It is really not that big of a deal to pre-mix, my pro-x was not oil injected last year, You can take a waterbottle, measure out the oil for 10 gallons or however much fuel your tank hold, and then put it in the waterbottle, and pour it in when you fill up. my bearing recieve lubrication from the fuel/oil mix, it is the waterpump drive that has an oil injection line going to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts