Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 700 RMK and i need to bleed the oil injection system. I'm looking for any tips. The oil pump feeds the fuel pump and two crank bearings.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
There should be a screw on top of the oil injector. Open it up and once oil starts to come through, tighten the screw back. This will bleed the oil of trapped air. You may want to put some rags if you can under the oil injector, as it will get messy.

·
Registered
815 Posts
your lines must be gummed up i wouls suggest replacing your oillines. besides its good to after a whilke cause oil will stick to the sides evenyualy and just keep building up untill you have what you have now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil lines are fine. The problem is i rebuilt engine and now i have to pull the engine over to turn the oil pump. This is a pain because
20 pulls on the recoil equals 1/8 inch movement of oil in the line.The 700 has one oil line 18-20" long. There has to be a faster way?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Well, you can premix your first tank and then start it up and let the sled idle while the oil pump primes itself. Or while you've been posting on here you could have been pulling and getting the system primed.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
On an new engine rebuild you should be burning a few gallons of premix to begin with....that way if something like the lines arent bleed you wont seize it up!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are you holding the lever on the oil pump all the way up? If the oil pump is on the idle setting, it will take several hundred pulls to move any oil. However, at the WOT setting, It may only take 30 to 40 pulls. I also dump a little oil in each cylinder as well, figuring it can't hurt it. At the worst, it will foul a set of plugs, which is a lot better than possibly damaging a new motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts