Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my sled torn apart pretty good now and i was wondering how do you bleed a oil injector it tells me i have to in a manual i got. but not how to do it its a 1989 yamaha exciter 570. and would it be better to just get rid of the oil injector and pre mix

·
Registered
85 Posts
NO!! premix doesn't let the oil down into the crank like it needs!
as far as bleeding the pump..not sure but, i'm sure it can't be a big deal..maybe just dry crank the engine with the oil lines off a few times (maybe a 100) just to be sure the air is all out of the lines.
have you ever worked on an old sled? the kind that had to be premixed? the carb has a special layer (looks like a screen) in it, this actually seperated the oil and gas, then a small tube carried the oil down to the jugs or block.
good luck, dave

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i am gonna run it at 50:1 for the first tank or to so bleeding realy aint that important right because by the time the air is out of the engine it has already got premix running through it

·
Registered
749 Posts
thats all i did on rebuild. I mixed the gas about 100:1 and took reef wire and wired the oil pump wide open for the first mile or two.

·
Registered
128 Posts
dave! that line on the old ones was an impulse line from the crankcase to move a diaphram up and down to pump fuel now they have changed thank god![:p]

·
Registered
47 Posts
To bleed an oil pump all you have to do is to hook up an electric drill, loosen the fittings and run till oil flows free. If you are going to premix start up the sled, loosen the fittings, not taken off,closest to the engine and run until oil flows.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Run your first tank of gas mixed to 50:1 and keep an eye on your oil resivoir. As long as you notice the oil level is going down, and you can see oil in BOTH of the lines, you'll be all set.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If your oil pump is anything like a Polaris', there will b e a screw on the top of the pump. Loosen that screw a turn or so, and the oil should begin to flow out of the opening. This will allow all of the air to work it's way out. I'd replace the oil filter as well at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts