Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got the blue marble oil in last week sometime. Just gotta wait to get my sled fixed and for some snow before I can test it out. According to the guy I need to drain out the synthetic oil I have in there now...put this oil in, then run some STP cleaner through the gas to remove any of the synthetic residue. We will see what the outcomes are in the very near future. [:)]

/snofan/../images/users/erick/oilbox.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/erick/bottleback.jpg

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a "small sample". [:)] Regularily runs about $120 a case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
erick , Did Jeff tell you how to properly break-in your sled with Blue Marble? If he didn't, I can .

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
hmmm...i gonna have brand new sled with no miles, and i can start with whatever oil i want.....hint hint...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by dynoman
[br]erick , Did Jeff tell you how to properly break-in your sled with Blue Marble? If he didn't, I can .
Sorta, kinda ya...

ACG, [}:)]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
[;)]

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Your comment about draining your existing oil in the first post raises a question for me. Right now my new sled has Polaris Blue oil... The told me to break it in on the Blue and then change to the VES. I would actually prefer to run Amsoil. Do i need to completely drain my existing oil or can i just add the amsoil as needed??? All my sleds have come to me with Amsoil so i have never had to change....

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
No, you shouldn't need to drain it. Part of the two cycle TCW3 certification is that it will properly mix with any other TCW3 oil, so no draining required. If it's not tcw3 certified, your milage may vary. Amsoil is not tcw3 certified last I checked, but mixes perfectly fine with tcw3 oils. There is a certain fixed cost to get tcw3 certified...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Thanks Ripperd,

Thats what i thought but wasnt sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts