Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a new rebuilt engine put in my mxz 800 after about 30 miles i noticed it is leeking oil from between the cases and cylender on the exsaught side its not running right out just unuff to smoke when idleing and get that side of the engine oilly....just wondering if this is gonna be a major problem or if its nothing serious??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Have you ever seen a new snowmachine with an engine leaking oil?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sapose i have!!! seeing as their is one sitting in my garage!!! doesnt really anser the question though!! but thanks anyway! anyone else???

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well lets see, its leaking oil, and not running right, I'd say its a serious problem.

Make a better seal, and I bet it runs better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it is running great!!!! it is just leeking a little on the seal between the cylender and case!! what i need to know is....will that hurt it any or just make a mess!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
i would tale some starting fluis and spray around there when it is running and if it revs up you need a new seal

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
eather works also for that spraying thing :D sure it might seize it stiff but what can ya do? after u got ur engine rebuild did u premix the gas with oil like ur suppose to do and also did u take it easy on it like mayber 50 miles an hour max until u ran about 2-3 tanks of gas through? otherwise if u didnt cant u blow ur seal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts