Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He! Got my prox700 2 week a go,
and wondering what kind of oil to put in.....

Did have a 800 xc 2001,and run whit SHELL ADVANCE
But now whit the VES is it better to run SYNTHEYIC

What brand do you recommend

POLAR X 700 [:D]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote: from SnowSports Magazine, Snow Goer Clinic;
"the Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act, makes it illegal for any manufacturer to require the exclusive in the U.S. use of their private label oil to keep their warranty valid. If you look in your owner's manual you will find the rating of the oil they recommend for use in their engine along, of course, with the recommendation to use their own oil."

This imply's that all machines (engines) must be capable of running any brand of oil meeting the standard set out in your manual.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I be runin it wit reg until it be broke den I be runin it wit syn.

Break it in with manufacturer's oil, regular if that's what book says, then switch to synthetic. JMO. My latest truck took 30,000 miles to break in according to gas mileage logs. Then I switched to synthetic oil and will use Amoil until it dies.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i used polaris blue till i ran out, then gotta 55 drum of ves sythenthietic, run it in my sled, bike, wheeler, all run good no porbs, so i dunt think it much matters

·
Registered
24 Posts
after it is broken in use syn. , i use to use pol ves oil but switched to amsoil interceptor synthetic this year i can get it for $19.00/ gal. sure beats pay $ 30.00 / gal for the polaris stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts