Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ZL 600. At the end of last season the sled was burning way to much oil. I checked all the linkage and everything was fine. I took it in this week to the AC dealer and after they checked it out some they told me the oil pump assembly might have to be relaced. They said that they had to check a few more things first to know for sure.
Now for the problem..I checked out the price for one and it was $412 just for the part./snofan/../images/users/tvan/cursin.gif

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket oil pumps or can they be rebuilt? I checked Dennis Kirk with no luck.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They can be rebuilt, depending on what is wrong. I use these guys for parts, and IO believe they have rebuilt kits...

http://www.royaldistributing.com/index_bb.html

·
Registered
777 Posts
http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/2000/2000ZL600(S2000ZLDAAUS-2000)/OILPUMP.htm

dosen,t look good ,dosen,t appear there is a rebuild kit,
from royal they have fuel pump repair kits

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sorry, you have to copy paste the whole www. to work. link doesn,t work

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I was afraid of. I figure they will have to pull the motor to get it off because of how its situated. I know exactly what would happen if I put off having it fixed. We would get dumped with a ton of snow and I would have to watch it from my window.

Does anyone know what would happen if I just disconnected the cable to the oil pump and pre-mixed my oil/gas?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Pre-mix will work fine. Mix it at 50:1 and you should have no problems ( I think it is even better than injected,safer,jmo)
Buy a oil jug that has a meassuring device built right into it so you can add the right amount of oil to the amount of gas you add on long trips. I know OPTI 2 makes a jug like like that. It has 2 sections, 2 caps, you just squeeze the large section and it fills the small section that has a scale on it.Add the right amount and give the sled a little shack before you start it.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts