Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
my buddy had a oil pump go out and he ruined a motor because of it and now he runs nothin but pre-mix
but other than the fact that you oil pump cant go out on you theres really no reason to do it

·
Registered
304 Posts
ayup. There is a benefit.. Just ask your buddy who burnt down his sled.. You mix it yourself, you have an oil/error free factor. The injection pumps can fail. I had one I pre-mixed, it was a pain, but i never burnt it down (93 excter II sx) it screamed at 80:1 around here with amsoil in it. But, I'm not thinking of going back to that on my 02 or 07, no need, I just check it every fall before I hit it.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I haven't, but my neighbor had done that with his bike. His pump had just gone out and the bike wasn't really worth buying a new pump for. It ran fine, but there is no major benefits to doing it.

In fact, I see as taking 4 steps backwards in the long run.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I havn't had injection on a sled since 96
A oil pump is not a perfect mix (at half throttle the oil pump is maxed, meaning lots and mid and a good mix at the top)
Mixing oil you always have a 40:1 mix
You get rid of alot of crap from under the hood
loose wieght, if you are into that
I say oil injection is a pain in the ass, there is one less step adding pre mix......you don't need to lift the hood. Add gas, alittle simple math and add the needed oil

I pull it before I get on it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My oil pump took a crap this summer, that is why I am thinking of by passing it. They do it all the time on dirt bikes. Just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks for your input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts