Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what type of oil should i be putting in a 2011 sno pro 500? I know it should be APV but synthetic? semi synthetic? mineral? Im not sure which one

what do you guys think?>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is the APV synthetic oil....thats the high performance power valued oil...and the sno pro is power valved

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here is what I have heard...so take this advise with a "grain of salt".

If ya run semi-synthetic, and in a pinch you only have "mineral" oil you can add that to the semi-synthetic already in the tank. If you run mineral, you can add semi-syn.

Now if your running mineral, you can not add full-synthetic and vise versa. This is what I was told....not sure how accurate the advise is!

Hope that makes sense??!

I run BRP semi in my Ski-Doo. For what's it worth, when I cleaned the RAVE valves this fall, they were darn near spotless. That was after about 2700 miles of riding (did not clean them last year).

Burch

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
That was true many, many years ago. Not so true any more.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You can use whatever oil you want. You could use a mineral or semi-synthetic; it will just mean your exhaust valves will get slightly more carbon buildup.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
If using a syn-blend the valves won't have anymore build up than a full syn oil. At least in my findings. So no since to use a $40 oil, when a $20 will do the same. Use the extra $$ for gas or go fast parts.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Umm to my knowledge that motor is non power valved. You can run anything in that sled so long as it does its job properly as you don't have to worry about cleaning valves.

However, you can run citgo ss and still take good care of your engine and only spend around 20$ a gallon.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Yup, no power valves, thus no real reason to run a synthetic. Find some cheap 2-stroke oil that is readily available and run it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts