Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any body know if putting penzoil in your snowmachine is bad for it compared to polaris oil. I have a 97 polaris XC 440 and I am wondering what oil is a better altenative (price, performance,etc.)

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I think this stuff is Canada only but I use Shell Advance, it's about
10 - 12 bucks cheaper for a 4 litre than the Polaris stuff.
I have even seen it on sale for 18 bucks cheaper.
No smoke, works great.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Don,t be afraid to use penzoil,10000 miles on 97 xlt,motor has never been opened ,
5000 on 00 700xcsp still going strong

it cost me about 16-17.00 for 4 liters,and looks the same as polaris blue.
something with valves might be a different story

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think you get what you pay for, I only use KLOTZ in all of my 2strokers, chainsaw, outboards, weedwacker, and sled, been using since mid 80's. Only problem is the cost. Oh ya, your buddies behide you love the smell. My dealer says it may be one of the better oils to use if you have power valves.
W.F.O.
p.s. NO i'm not a salesman for KLOTZ, I just like the product, and clean sparkplugs.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I'll have to agree with sleddaver. Use that stuff in all my 2-stroke moters. The smell alone is worth the money. Regular 2-stroke oil makes me gag.

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!

'93 XLT 580
'00 Indy Triumph

·
Registered
134 Posts
i mainly run lucas oil because i get it for really cheap...and its good oil and real think with god lubrication...i never knew penzoil made 2 cycle snowmobile oil

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
837 Posts
i use amsoil in everything, all the 2 strokes jetskis snowmobiles, everything, and i use it in all the cars, accualy i just got my 30 gallon barrel of 5w-30, buy in bulk and save

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yup, Amsoil here as well. Great synthetic oil, at a great price: $16/gal US.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I've been using Quaker State oil for as long as i can remember. My dad worked for them, so he got it cheap...or just stole it, one of the 2.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I use Amsoil in everything i own as well.
Actually, i used to be an Amsoil dealer a few years ago, for my own cost savings.... but after a year went by, it expired and i didn't really want to renew. I just buy it at the same prices all you guys buy it for. Besides, it's worth it. I was very surprised at how LITTLE the mark-up cost is. Lately, i've been buying so much of it, i think i'll pay the $20 to renew it so i can get the discount. I just buy it for myself and my friends, it's not like i'm a big dealer or anything. Anyone can be a dealer.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tfin, Did you say a gallon of synthetic 2-stroke for $16.00 ???? Where???? Give me names, numbers, special discount codes.... I gotta buy some before it's sold out!

If you can read this I'm parked!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by XLT SP Yeah!:
Tfin, Did you say a gallon of synthetic 2-stroke for $16.00 ???? Where???? Give me names, numbers, special discount codes.... I gotta buy some before it's sold out!
[/quote]

I have been buying Amsoil straight from my local Polaris dealer for $17/gal. It's the regular amsoil 2-stroke 100% synthetic. I think the amsoil 2000 series 100% synthetic Racing oil goes for like $34/gal. Quite a bit more...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, the place I buy is at my local snowmobile after market parts dealer. I don't think he ships stuff out......everyone goes to him, orders stuff there, and then just picks it up there when it comes in. He's got lots of items in stock as well.

I suppose he's an Amsoil dealer. He's always got it in stock. But I would imagine you could go to any local snowmobile parts dealer in your area and get the same prices. Don't even try a factory dealer (Polaris, SD, Yamaha, AC) though.

Oops, I just re-read where Megaman says he can get it from his Polaris dealer for $17. So there you go.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts