Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides mixing the gas, taking out the oiler and puting a block off plate on it, what do i need to do? what do i do with all the oiler lines going into the reeds or any other ones? do i absolutly need the case plug or can i just run a block off plate. this is a low buck job and im really just trying to see if my oiler is the problem or my sled is the problem.

· Registered
378 Posts
You should be fine to just put in a plate. Make sure that the crank case is sealed after you do that. There is a pulse line for the fuel pump that you can take readings on to make sure that the seal is good. Also when you mix the gas and oil try and get some information on the mixture of what you ride the most or just do 32/1 is the most commin. But I know that there is some motors that run at 50/1 at idle and get richer with the higher RPM's. So you might have issues with to much oil at idle and then you are going to foul out plugs faster than normal. One last thing is go to a parts store and pick up a fuel and oil mix kit. I know they have them and very easy to use. I hope that this helps you out on what you are doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.