Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i figured out a boggying problem i had in a skidoo 95 formula stx previours question on here, it was the line inside my tank shattered so i got a bunch of thing in the needle what was just dumping gas in. so i need to clean my gas line shavings out of the tank, otherwise it will keep pluging up in the needle of the carb. What would be the best way to clean it out. Do i need disasemble the whole gas tank from the frame so i can tip it upside down or is there something like a vacum i could use or what. I would appreciate any advice. im puzzled

Thanks

· Registered
455 Posts
I had to do this a few years ago on my xlt. Dealer never removed old tank line from a repair. I drained the gas, removed the tank, and filled/flushed with water. Wasn't durings the season so I just let the tank dry out for a week or so.

I take it you don't have a inline fuel filter, if parts of the tank hose made it to the carbs? I luckly had a clear one on mine, and found it full of hose. I had the bog in mine, because the filter on the end of the tank line came off. The line was sucking larger pieces, pluging up the fuel. Put a inline filter for an added sense of security.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
The inline filter at the intake is a good idea. One thing you might do, if you don't want to take the whole tank off, is to get a small inside diameter hose - 1/2" would probably be good - tip the sled on it's side a bit - just enough so that the pieces in the tank go to the lowest point in the tank, and siphon out the pieces. This works good with water in the tank too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.