Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the suspension back into my 800 xcr...i got the front bolts in aand i cant get the back to line up...its like the rear shock had to be compressed or something...whats the trick to this???

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Let the rear torsion springs dangle outside of their holder that bolts to the rail. This will allow the rear to compress easy. Then line the holes up, bolt it in, and pop the springs back in and your set. Having an extra hand to help would be good too.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
you put the front bolts in first then take off the torsion springs and the rear then the back bolts line up and put those bolts in then put the springs back on

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
you just pull up and pull them out of the grove that there in behind the idler wheel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, going back out to the shop..i knew there was a logical way to do this .my extra set of hands just left though...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
it looks like by the size of your biceps you should be able to get the springs off by yourself lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok got the springs off...but it still dosent even come close, do you put the front bolts in first??

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yeah put the front bolts in first

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
it would be easier if it was on its side to do it or on a stand

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is what i did and when i lower the rear end it dosent even come close. Im stumped????

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Take a ratchet strap hook it on the top of the rear shock mount and then on the lower front rod the limiter strap hooks to then slowely tighten it up. Had to do this to a 01 xc friday.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
just tightin and loose the springs,put a jack or a board under the rear suspension if it is on a stand

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
With the torsion springs in place. front bolts in, and everything else in align, lower the back of the sled until it's close to the correct level and tighten up on the track evenly. You should be able to dial the rear bolts into alignment.

Added, Worked every time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the rachet strap didnt work...sorry its not on a stand.. the rear end is tied to a rope to the ceiling and im using it to raise and lower the back end

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok...i have not losened the track at all when i removed the suspension..should i??

1 - 20 of 64 Posts