Snowmobile Fanatics banner

ok guys...whats the trick..

3K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  yamahaguy77 
#1 ·
I am replacing the suspension back into my 800 xcr...i got the front bolts in aand i cant get the back to line up...its like the rear shock had to be compressed or something...whats the trick to this???

#2 ·
Let the rear torsion springs dangle outside of their holder that bolts to the rail. This will allow the rear to compress easy. Then line the holes up, bolt it in, and pop the springs back in and your set. Having an extra hand to help would be good too.

#3 ·
you put the front bolts in first then take off the torsion springs and the rear then the back bolts line up and put those bolts in then put the springs back on

#5 ·
you just pull up and pull them out of the grove that there in behind the idler wheel

#7 ·
it looks like by the size of your biceps you should be able to get the springs off by yourself lol

#9 ·
yeah put the front bolts in first

#10 ·
it would be easier if it was on its side to do it or on a stand

#12 ·
Take a ratchet strap hook it on the top of the rear shock mount and then on the lower front rod the limiter strap hooks to then slowely tighten it up. Had to do this to a 01 xc friday.

#13 ·
just tightin and loose the springs,put a jack or a board under the rear suspension if it is on a stand

#22 ·
The ratchet thing does work! Thats what the dealers do to get the suspension back together. You must be doing something wrong.

#23 ·
Where the front mount for the rear shock is, make sure it is pulled up, and it'll go forward some and give you more movement with the rear mounts. I'm thinking your pivot for that shock is down and won't let you move your rear mounts enough. You do have to have the rear springs off too. It's hard to explain, but hopefully once you look at it you'll see what i mean. basically pull up on the front mount for the rear shock, and it should pivot forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.