Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics from todays ride. went out with father, and brother in law. Brother in law is 13 and this was his first real ride in control of his own machine. mxz380 fan. he did real good.

201037212655182_26516.jpg
got ahead of the group and perched on a ridge to get these shots (above and below)
201037212655932_26516.jpg
201037212656854_26516.jpg
Stopped to take a 15 minute break and cool down a bit, temps were pushin low 40's today. from left to right brother in laws 380, ,my ultra spx, neighbors TNT and his wifes F6 sno pro and in the back is my father inlaws mxz 800 (above and below pics)
201037212657807_26516.jpg
Nice view. trails were racetrack smooth
201037212658464_26516.jpg
came across a bunch of people having a cook out. apparently it was a landowner who was just cooking up hot dogs over a fire for whoever wanted to stop. didnt cost a thing, but i donated to the cause. at one point there was about 40-50 sleds stopped here.
201037212659370_26516.jpg
2010372127073_26516.jpg

·
Registered
761 Posts
In the pic of the cookout, I just relized, I was there yestarday with a couple of my buddies....we were sort of lost...we were trying to get to Cherry valley...

Everyone was super helpful, athough most didnt know the trail system to well...the guy on the white polaris next to the inner tube seemed to know it the best...

Do you ride that area often?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RAMROD said:
In the pic of the cookout, I just relized, I was there yestarday with a couple of my buddies....we were sort of lost...we were trying to get to Cherry valley...

Everyone was super helpful, athough most didnt know the trail system to well...the guy on the white polaris next to the inner tube seemed to know it the best...

Do you ride that area often?
that was probably the second or third time ive been through that area. it is a local trail to me so that whole area between richfield springs and cherry valley gets ridden by me. not as much this year because of the snow conditions in the valley where i live werent really good enough to ride from home until we go this latest storm.

what time did you come through there?

·
Registered
761 Posts
according to my phone, it was 5:45-5:50...we were a tad off track...we started in Summit and were trying to get back there...

I was with 2 other guys, 1 on an unmarked F7 and the other on a Skidoo, not sure of the model, MXZ something or another...

I was riding my red Polaris 700 that the main decals are stripped off..just says "HIGH PERFORMANCE TWIN 700"...

Had a red open face with scott goggles...

that would be pretty funny if we saw each other and didnt know...

We didnt take many pics as we were trying to find our way back the whole time...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i think we scooted out of there sometime between 4:30 and 5 so we must have just missed each other. do you ride often in this area? where are you from? I am always looking for more people to ride with...the more the merrier! youll know if you see me around here, I have never seen another ultra spx on the trails locally. I have a small sticker on my windshield that says white lake polaris, that way you know its me

·
Registered
761 Posts
We started in Summit and were trying to get back there, 7C must be broken somewhere because its supposed to run south from someplace in cherry valley...

this was the first time we made it up there...it was a haul thats for sure...

We are from down in the Kingston/Saugerties area...

Met up with some great folks along the way, all very helpfull and always willing to try and get us pointed in the right direction...

We were in Cherry Valley at 7:00 and wondering if we would need to get a ride back to the truck...

Was getting a tad worried but we got pointed back in the right direction and were back through Summit at about 9:15...

WAS A VERY LONG DAY...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats why when I ride around here, i dont ride alone. I always go with someone that is familiar with the trails. I am a big supporter of the local club, but they dont do a very good job marking the trails, so its easy to get going in the wrong direction. last time i went out alone, i ended up going 15-20 miles in the opposite direction i wanted to go and ended up stuck in a snow drift on a seasonal road that was supposed to be a trail. never again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts