Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some pics a few days ago from what I thought was my last ride. My buddy calls me Sunday morning to come down and visit him in bum-f#@k-Wisconsin. He guarentees good riding and says they got a lot of snow. I make a deal with the devil, I mean wife, promissing to get some work done around the house next weekend, load up and I'm off, for what will probably be for sure my last ride.

Well, he wasn't lying, we rode trails like this all morning.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0001.jpg

Here's a picture of my friend and his ZL440

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0002.jpg

Here's my feeble attempt at a speedo pic.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0004.jpg

Here's the lake I took it on, I wanted to get to 100mph, but I kept running out of lake

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0005.jpg

Some action shots, not much too exciting.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0006.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0008.jpg

One of the sleds

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0010.jpg

His boxer got hit by a car

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0012.jpg

Ahhh, 50 acres and mobile home. That's country living. That my friend, is living the high life.

Well, I'm sure this time, that was the last ride of the season.

cheers all/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/My Pictures0014.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice pics! and cool sleds of cource[:)] poor poor dog...

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Erick,

I'm using the same rear speakers I used in my '88 Honda Accord back in high school. They sat in my basement for about ten years, I just installed 'em in my jeep.

Do you think it's time for new speakers?

Oh yea, I graduated about 15 years ago[8D]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice pics Pigboy, here in Vermont the weather has been warm enough to thaw out the ground so there wasn't really any snow here either, well yesterday morning as I was getting out of work, it started snowing, forcasters say STORM WARNINGS IN EFFECT, I say "yeah righ' well, we got about 8"-10" of the white stuff, too bad it was on top of already very wet ground and some rivers and streams in flood stage, most of the trails are under water,....so, I love seeing the snow, but it just SUCKS that I can't get out there and actually tear it up!
Nothing like riding in the mud!???

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VTS,

I'll try to feel badly for you[:X] but I'm guessing you've had your fair share of riding this year as you guys out east got hammered this winter.

This was my third (real) ride of the season[xx(]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Nice pics pigboy. Looks like a nice day or riding was had by all. If your lucky, maybe the wife will of forgotten about the promis do to chores the following weekend. What the he!! am I saying.....they never forget things like that. Mine sure doesn't. POOR DOG is right! Hope the little guy (or girl) is going to be alright.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hey TFIN and Pigboy!! I have a chance to get some ski skins for my XLT for 11.95 for the set. You have the same color sleds as mine, do you think neon green would look too bad?? I want ski skins but I'm cheap too.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hmmmmm, neon green on the ol' purple XLT SP hu? I don't know. That's a great price, but if it were me, I'd look for some purple ones. Besides, you've got all summer and fall to look. Keep checking ebay, they always have deals on skins. But hey, beautity's in the eyes of the beholder! It's up to you my man.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
[:0] That's almost a sin to use such old speakers. You will find increased detail and more realistic sound if you upgrade your speakers, which I recommend.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Ya I don't know either. One thing is I figure when I come out of the lodge it would be easy to spot my baby with the neon green skins on, but I don't want to look to bad.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Polaris XLTSP
[br]Hey TFIN and Pigboy!! I have a chance to get some ski skins for my XLT for 11.95 for the set. You have the same color sleds as mine, do you think neon green would look too bad?? I want ski skins but I'm cheap too.
I would keep an eye out at some of the swap meet/for sale forums (ie amsnow or snow west) for some polaris oem plastic skiis. I've seen 'em new for $100-150 where the person took 'em off their new sled for some other aftermarket ski. A little more then $12, but you'll get great handling/steering increases.

Otherwise, I'm not sold on lime green ski skins on the 'ol barney mobile[xx(]

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About the dog. HE, has a fractured femer (or the eqivilant in dog terms) in two places. He is expected to make a full recover. You're looking at a $1,500 dog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts