Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a buddy of mine were at a farm place not to long ago looking around. The place was owned by a friend of his and he told us that we could go get some firewood from some of the old dead trees in the grove. Cause the house had been burnt down a month prior. So as we were walking along we noticed a old snowmobile. As it happened to turn out, it was a old rupp nitro. We looked under the hood and checked everything out, and it turns out that the hood has no breaks or anything wrong with it, the seat is in good condition considering it had been covered up by a tarp, the track was in good condition, and so were the skies. The only thing truely wrong with it was that the engine was locked up, and was starting to rust. So we went to the owners house and asked if we could pull it out and mess around with it. But we couldnt get the engine to start. So all in all, what im tryin to get at is the thing worth any money... like could we sell the parts that still work and all. Or is the thing junk, and should we just not mess with it???

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
From what you describe, it certainly sounds like there is some money there. Folks with old sleds are always looking for parts for them, and they can sometimes be hard to come by. Depending on what's wrong with the motor, it almost sounds like the sled could be worth fixing up, not having seen it myself.

Best of luck with it, what ever you decide.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would post you question on some of the boards on the vintage sites. Sounds like you got a good find there. There is a list of vintage site on my web page at
http://www.sciencehilldrifters.com/links.htm
if that helps you out . good luck on the project

Science Hill Drifters Snowmobile Club
The home of Canada's largest snowmobiling links page !
Now with 1200 links to North American snowmobile sites

IndySKS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts