Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a complete rear suspension out of a 96 Formula 3 600. It has a Ryde FX shock, and is very much full of life. The Indy has been beat so flat an ant would have trouble crawling under neath it.

Am i going to run into any problems? I know that i am almost certainly going to make new mounting holes and brackets, which isn't a big deal. I am also putting a Ripsaw track on, it was on the donor Formula 3.

There won't be any issues with the approach angle of the track?
thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
People put Edge and M10 skids in the wedge chassis, I'm sure they both have a much more aggressive angle than a mid '90s stock skidoo suspension.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
People put Edge and M10 skids in the wedge chassis, I'm sure they both have a much more aggressive angle than a mid '90s stock skidoo suspension.
Yeah, i know that this isn't any impressive setup. Just wondering if there are gunna be any problems using a suspension out of a Skidoo in a Polaris

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Nah. I've seen early '90s skidoo skids in early '90s wedge chassis' and Polaris Edge skids in early 2000's Yamaha's. As long as the tunnel width is the same it can be done. Make sure you measure twice, then measure one more time, and drill once.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Nah. I've seen early '90s skidoo skids in early '90s wedge chassis' and Polaris Edge skids in early 2000's Yamaha's. As long as the tunnel width is the same it can be done. Make sure you measure twice, then measure one more time, and drill once.
Good call. Hate to screw it up when everything's out and on the table.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well both the track and suspension came off the 96 Formula 3. Its a ripsaw track from what i can tell.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Not sure what year they were, but both my dad and I have run Skidoo tracks on our Poo's.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would rebuild the indy rear end and call it good. The F3 rear is heavier, has more moving parts and is going to be more expensive to buy parts for in the long run. You are not going to gain any better performance in the bumps over the stock polaris rear end.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Most everything on almost any sled from that time period is 2.52 pitch. Throw it together and you will have yourself a Ski-poo! sweet!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Slap some new kimpex 30 dollar shocks back in the stock skid, and maybe some used springs, and it will ride like new, thats what I did on my beater.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts