Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an old rupp motor tonight off an old sled on the side of the road and i dont know what type it is. Its a 1 cylinder fan cooled and i think its a 250 cc, but i want to rebuild it for a go-kart. just wondering if theres anyway for me to tell what type it is. thanks in advance.[;)]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Is their a tag on the motor anywere or any #s that someone could maybe figure out?? I spose if you knew what yr and model of sled it was you could do a search and see what motor options came with the sled then figure it out from their..

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent really got a good look at it it was about 8:00 PM here and we couldnt really see it but i will get a good look tomarrow. I was also looking at some sites after i posted and found a Rupp original ans replica parts site in my area so maybe he can help, thanks though.[:D]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by 88400
[br]I just picked up an old rupp motor tonight off an old sled on the side of the road and i dont know what type it is. Its a 1 cylinder fan cooled and i think its a 250 cc, but i want to rebuild it for a go-kart. just wondering if theres anyway for me to tell what type it is. thanks in advance.[;)]
look at www.sledtech.net he has an old rupp for the front cover he could probley tell you

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sorry i forgot to update the post, we got rid of the engine because it was too far gone, the cylinders were almost rusted through and it was just as i said, too far gone! thanks anyways for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts