Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you consider to be your favorite vintage sled? Your most memorable moment on a vintage sled?
Mine was riding my Dad's Scorpion Super Stinger for the first time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
181 Posts
WHOA!!!!! Same here paul, but it was 4 years ago and there was an old sled behind my grandma's neighbors house. I asked them about it, and they said it didnt run. They gave it to me for my first sled. I drained the tank, cleaned the carbs....fired right up. i still have it....78 44 Scorpion Sting. No rips in the seat, no cracks in the hood...I mean perfect. I love that sled, and still ride it every year.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
1979 Kawasaki Intruder 440. Was my uncle's cousin's, then my uncle's, then my dad's, then mine. I realized one day that it was sold originally at a shop less then 1/4 mile away from my house. Rode that in the yard and then trails for years. Finally got rid of it last year. One change though, the 440 siezed so my dad got a new 340 for it. Same engine except in 340. Only 340 liquid I ever saw. Loved that little thing. Was so light I could toss it like it was nothing. Only thing was that it had no suspension. Well it had it but it just went from full travel to bottom out in one thud. After 2 days of riding I was out of commission last year.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
First sled I ever drove was a 1980 Yamaha Enticer 250. Very light sled fun to drive. We still have it but I think it is going to my cousin this year. Oh well more people to keep the sport alive

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes... On second thought neither do hydropoles"

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
i know where there is one of them super stinger 2 forsale. pretty good looking too. Let me know and I will tell you where.

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
my first ride was on an old polaris 340. flat front. white hood. 70's i believe.
but my first sled was a 1979 ac jag 3000.
beat the crap out of it. Still runs and rides. but needs lots of work. I went on to but a 1992 ac jag deluxe. and Last month I got a 1996 ac zrt 600. oh yeah!!

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
671 Posts
Mine was on a 74 or 76 Polaris TC PROTOTYPE 175. Man i drove that sled everywhere. I put a lot of miles on that sled. And this one didn't look like any other tc. This on had a big fat hood on her instead of a little triangle hood. But i took that every where, my favorte indeed.

Ride Polaris!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by matthewmarsh:

i know where there is one of them super stinger 2 forsale. pretty good looking too. Let me know and I will tell you where.

1996 ZRT 600[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------

We still have the old bomber. The thing needs some parts like a new fan and somthing to keep the gas tank from leaking. Other than that, the beauty still is purrty

Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts