Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feal about the old Yamaha Phazer's. Are they reliable and how are they handling speed wise.. let me here you oppinion

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
A former Friend of mine has an old phazer. He abuses it and never does any maintenance to it whatsoever. Yet for some reason the damn thing runs strong every year. He even sunk it twice. The last time he sunk it, it was under water for almost a month in the back swamp. Still he got it running again. So I'd have to say it's a real tough sled.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I had a '90 Phazer II that never really gave me much trouble. Id say they are very reliable. They were pretty good on gas too. My '90 would pull 16-18 mpg on a regular basis.
They were decent for handing. They were a fairly light sled, so they dont corner on rails like some heavier liquid-cooled sleds do, but they are very respectable.
In terms of speed, the highest I ever saw on the speedo was 75 mph.

·
Registered
730 Posts
nice sleds! i got one myself, its never had any problems except for the regular (run out of gas) lol. you can run the crap out of them and there fine. not the worlds fastest sled but gets up and goes.[:D]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great handling for their year but suck when airborne at 70mph.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by isnowmobilealso
[br]How do you guys feal about the old Yamaha Phazer's. Are they reliable and how are they handling speed wise.. let me here you oppinion
You got any pics of that Silver Bullet? One of the funnest sleds I have ever owned...fast as hell too for a 294...or maybe it just seemed fast at 15 lol

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts