Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an accident earlier in the week and my front right fox shock is bent, anyone know if just the shaft can be replaced, gonna get them rebuilt this summer anyway, so hopefully going to have them replace the shaft also.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Best I can tell you is I have a 96 'Polaris XLT SP with Fox Shocks, not sure what model/type the shocks are. When I bought it in November I had to have the shaft replaced on one in the front. It was bent like yours. It cost $45 for the shaft. They did the shaft, seals, oil, and gas. Seals and labor were free since the guy missed the bent shaft when he went over it before selling it to me. He also recharged the shock on the other side so they would be equal. He didn't charge me for the recharge but it cost 5 bucks if I was having it done.

·
Registered
502 Posts
yes you can have just the shaft replaced. I'm not sure where you live, but the shaft should be fairly cheap and labor shouldn't be more than a half hour. I am assuming that shock is a a standard shock and they are pretty easy to do. If the person you are having do it tells you its gonna be an hour or more than labor I'd look around.

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks gonna check around see what I can find for some quotes, and recommendations for n/w area of twin city metro area? Im in Monticello

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm in North East PA. Things tend to be more money here. You'll probably get at least the parts cheaper than me. Anyway good luck!

·
Registered
502 Posts
i live around thief river falls and i'm only going by carver performance general quotes. The biggest cost you'd have is the shipping up here. Otherwise you should easily find someone in the cities area to do it cheap.
good luck

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
425 Posts
yes, I have a Carver Performance catalog and the shaft seemed to be at least half the price I paid at the Polaris dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone ever dealt with hot seat? i was looking at their catalog and they do a complete rebuild recharge for $30, gonna call them after work and see if they have the shaft, and what it would cost, they're in forest lake

·
Registered
425 Posts
no can't say I've heard of them. 30 bucks doesn't sound 2 bad. probably around 50 total once the put the shaft in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
try reaching "carls shock" I replaced the shafts in a indy1994 440 w/ fox shox. it cost $22 per shaft. dont let the polaris dealer give you the "shaft"!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ROTALARIS try reaching "carls shock" I replaced the shafts in a indy1994 440 w/ fox shox. it cost $22 per shaft. dont let the polaris dealer give you the "shaft"!

<marquee id='marquee'>
THE SHAFT
</marquee id='marquee'>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts