Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 02 zr 600 cce that we just got and it has the shock adjuster in front of the handle bars. I don't know much about them so any tips on what to set it at and how to adjust..i assume that to the right stiffens the shock and to the left it softens the shock?thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
your right, there really is no way to adjust them until winter comes atleast. and odds are it's up front for a reason lol you will be adjusting it more then once. it's very useful in bumps because the shock is up in the front of the rear suspension so it's what the bumps hit after your skis. Once you adjust it, and get use to it, your ride will be alot smoother, and then also if you want to stiffen it up and do some jumps, then you can do that as well. They are actully pretty cheap to rebuild too, it costs about $55-65$ for a good rebuild of the shock. It should last awhile though, so don't try and just adjust it once and leave it, because it will take more then 1 time. Besides, mess around with it a little bit and experiment, get some use out of the shock and use it to raise the fun factor a notch ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
THey do work good, but here a lil tip. They can sieze/freeze up, so I would keep putting a litle light greese on the threads of the adjustor knob to keep water out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the dial adjusts your front shock of the rear suspension.in doing so it changes ski pressure.in powder or soft pack,you want to have less ski pressure so you turn the knob counter clockwise. on ice or hard pack ,you want more ski presure,so tighten dial.it works as an on the go limiter strap.
Originally posted by zr580joe
[br]I have 02 zr 600 cce that we just got and it has the shock adjuster in front of the handle bars. I don't know much about them so any tips on what to set it at and how to adjust..i assume that to the right stiffens the shock and to the left it softens the shock?thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts