Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what tools or supplies everybody routinely carries along with there sled when they are out riding. I would like to make up a handy tool and supply kit for out in the field but i'm not sure what all to include....please help. thank you

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I carry a plug wrench, a couple of plugs and a spare belt. Also if i'm riding by myself I ushually carry my cell phone.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I carry a plug wrench, 2-4 spare plugs, ratchet with 1/2 inch and 14mm sockets, wrenches to match, spare belt, a starting rope, and a 20 oz. bottle of oil just in case I end up out in the middle of nowhere and run out.

*edit* - I forgot about the mini-mag I carry as well.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I carry various sizes of sockets, wrenches, adjustable wrench, locking pliers, adustable pliers, starting rope, plug wrench, spare belt, bailing wire, quart of oil, and a few other odds and ends. And you can't forget a cell phone. I've had to use it a few times and it sure comes in handy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On my Widetrak anything I want!!!! [:D][:D]

Come-a-long, flashlight, plugs, belt, wrenches, Propane Torch, Handgun (Never without it!), oil, rope, emergency start strap.

If it's anything other than the widetrak....Just the basics[^].

·
Registered
901 Posts
i always have a spark plug wrench, spare plugs, spare belt, couple screwdrivers, shovel, cell phone, matches/lighter, toilet paper, and a first aid kit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by xcjunkie
[br]i always have a spark plug wrench, spare plugs, spare belt, couple screwdrivers, shovel, cell phone, matches/lighter, toilet paper, and a first aid kit.
I forgot toilet paper --Good call xcjunkie--

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
various wrenches, sockets, zip ties, Phillips and red Robinson screw drivers(standard size) cell phone, oil, tow rope, plugs, and i usually have some were around 10 dollars in spare change just in case

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by alaskanmoosehunter
[br]
Originally posted by xcjunkie
[br]i always have a spark plug wrench, spare plugs, spare belt, couple screwdrivers, shovel, cell phone, matches/lighter, toilet paper, and a first aid kit.
I forgot toilet paper --Good call xcjunkie--
Hm...can't say I have ran into that problem yet. [:p]

Your guys' back compartments must be pretty full with that roll of toilet paper in there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
plug wrench, couple plugs, a flathead and phillips screwdrivers, couple various wrenches, allen wrenches (for handguards), spare belt, starting rope, oil, cell phone, and a couple bucks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet, thanks guys, those are some great ideas...

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I carry a spare belt, spare plugs and the tool kit the sled came with. Thats a couple screwdrivers, plug wrench, shoelace for taking off exhaust springs, belt adjuster/changer.

Those flexible rod magnets i find useless. They stick to everything. I use a 24" flexible and retractable claw tool. Saved me countless hours.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I carry a Spark Plug Wrench, 9/16 and 1/2" Wrench, Spare Belt, Screwdriver, and Pliers.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i always have a socket set (one of the cheap 10 dollar ones from walmart) plug wrench, oil,tow rope,spare belt and spare plugs

·
Registered
985 Posts
Flashlight! well ok i carry a lot more but that seem to me to be the most important. pitch black middle of nowhere and trying to change a belt when the old one is wound up and you have to cut it off. BTDT, never again. I will always have a flashlight. cheap butane lighter, plugs and wrench of course, shock spanner, 9/16 wrench's 1/2 wrenches, some TP, quart of oil, i have very tiny super strong Kevlar towrope you can ball it up in a fist and its 10 ft long and will pull a sled! oh yeah a coil of fuel line(siphon hose) and a first aid kit. yeah that fills the trunk and most of the windshield bag.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Riding a Cat I always, keep a Yamaha, Doo, Or Polaris around for a spare. LOL. JK

Small things like WD-40, plugs, wrenchs, rags, extra light bulb wrapped in a sock, for your head light if you only have a single unit. (not fun in the dark with no light) Tow stap.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts