Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just thought about how nice it would be to be able to click on someone's name if there on line here or reading a post the same time you are.I think we really need a chat room on this site so you can get answers quickly instead of waiting days for a possible right answer that will in fact fix your problem.what do you guys think ????
Take care,sparkyd31[:)]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That would be cool I guess. But, would people still post on the forums if we did that?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You could always send a PM, but yeah a chat room would be cool.

·
Registered
548 Posts
ayeah that woulkd be a sweet idea

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think a chat would be sweet altough the forum would have less heat.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I do not think a chat room would necessarily allow anybody to get their problems fixed faster. The people who are knowledgeable will respond to forum topics when they get a chance. I think a chat room would just lead to speculation and mis-information. If you need immediate answers, call your dealer or somebody who is paid to give answers. Free advice is "buyer beware." Just my opinion.

·
Registered
348 Posts
no one uses the chat rooms on the other sites that I hang out on. Would anyone really use it?

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Originally posted by sparkyd31
[br]Hi guys,
I just thought about how nice it would be to be able to click on someone's name if there on line here or reading a post the same time you are.I think we really need a chat room on this site so you can get answers quickly instead of waiting days for a possible right answer that will in fact fix your problem.what do you guys think ????
Take care,sparkyd31[:)]
Chat room has been brought up a million times. Its not going to happen.

And if a user post their question with an good full title, a write up with detail (maybe even pictures) and in the right area of the forum, it usually has many knowledgeable answers in just a few hours.

You posted the below in another thread that you created.. The title of your thread was "to hell with sleds!"
Originally posted by sparkyd31
[br]If I saw this I would have to also click on this and see what's going on.
Lots of us just don't click something because the title is vague. I have spent too many years on this forum to waste time on threads with vague titles. I personally just skip right over them. Matter of fact, your thread that I just quoted, thats the first time I clicked it. I only clicked it to see if you were guilty of what I mentioned in my above paragraph.
Not only that, but your topic on a snow condition in NY and you getting an LCD TV is posted in the General forum (which is the wrong forum). I am not saying your a bad guy by anymeans, I am just saying that if people want fast answers to their questions about their sleds, they need to do what I mentioned for best results.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
^^^^Amen Brother Matt. Are you that direct with Mrs. ArcticcatMatt?
hahaha

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I see were you are coming from because it sounds like a good idea
but this is a forum and I think it should stay that way
but anyone that wants to chat with me can just add my on messenger

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
plus when you post your problems in the forum other people can read them and gain knowledge and stuff..

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
great question

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatinc
[br]plus when you post your problems in the forum other people can read them and gain knowledge and stuff..
Right here, this is why! This forum is a great collection of information anyone can search!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by Triple650Indy
[br]
Originally posted by arcticcatinc
[br]plus when you post your problems in the forum other people can read them and gain knowledge and stuff..
Right here, this is why! This forum is a great collection of information anyone can search!
Agreed 100%. I've learned more from others with the same problems on here than anywhere else.As far as vauge titles;some forums display the first post(at least a few sentences)once you point at the title, before you click on it.One of my Buick forums does this,and I wish I could do it here once in a while...Just some thoughts. SF Rocks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts