Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what happened on one of the few trips i had this year, we were out riding in the blowing snow, and a guy cliped me after i slid on tio of the guy in front of me. my sled is the only one with damage

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
948 Posts
Looks repairable. Not bad. I've got a trailing arm that looks more like a boomerang in shape and two skis that would not make their way down the hill even if I towed them! LOL

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I have... no damage this year so far. Almost hit a tree one day though, but no damage.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
671 Posts
i hit my friend in and dented my my front bumber a little, no biggy, that's all this year.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hmm I seized the engine on my dad's sled cause the main jets were plugged. Then my dad blew the engine on his sled.
Only carbides went on my sled.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should have named this topic:<marquee id='marquee'>DAMAGE REPORT
</marquee id='marquee'>

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
No damage to my sled this yr, but I did rack my knee once. Hit a jump in the trail unexpectedly and got a little tilted to the side in the air. My left foot slipped off the running board and I racked my knee on it.

Going to get some running board covers w/better tracktion to solve that problem.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
79 Posts
This year was the worst i ever had, first we were going up to michagain to go sleding and we were almost there and my truck and traler (that my brother was driving) slid off the road into a tree, my sled want up side down and cracked hood and wind shild. Not too bad my brothers just drove in to the truck, second, we were going back to our friendes house (still in mich.) and we looked back and there was no longer a trailor dehind us!
we go back and the trailor is in a bush, my sled into the bush
my brothers brove into the field. third, when we got home a week later i drove into a dranage ditch,
could not stop on slush. than hit a rock and took 3" chunk out of ski and broke trailing arm off, ended up taking mounting plate off and getting new. I hope NObudy can beat this. Now i got a zr 440 sno-pro

·
Registered
38 Posts
My damage this year happened when I was in Steamboat Colorado. First I took a 1.5" chunk out of my ski pulling it in to the trailer. Then the next day I was following my friend up the mountain and ran over a rock he uncovered. Which I hit and knocked my IFS bar off jammed my hands into the handle bar so hard my throttle cable came unhooked. Which I drove it back to the trailer pulled the bolt out bent it straight and used washers to replace the plastic bushing. Then I realized that my hand was swollen and couldn't put any weight on it. Rode for the rest of the day like this, and drank a lot that night (New Years EVE). Then when I came home from vacation I ended up in a cast for two weeks. Now after 3 months I have to have a MRI on my hand to find out why it is still messed up. At least I have some time to get my hand back to normal before ridding again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
dont let that hinder your riding, last year i was riding my dads sled out here in east oregon, came up over this hill climb doin bout 60 on my dads brand new 800 rmk and got 2 the top and nailed a tree, whick threw me off the sled, poping my should out from jerking my arm so hard off the bars,i then flew into the tree, which was a pretty damn big tree and broke my radius in my forearm and dislocated my knee, one week later i was back out riding, couldnt bend my knee with the brace on and on tight right turns i had to use my left hand on the gas cuz of my shouldr and the cast on my arm, as for my dads sled, wellluckily he had just gotton insurence, but the sled was a total loss so they auctioned it off and he got a new sled the gave him more than what he paid for it so know he is riding a 2002 snowchecked 800 rmk 156" track and just put a new fringer track on it,

·
Registered
62 Posts
oh yea and 2 add to the last thing bout my dads sled, right before that on the way there my dad was cumin down a steep hill without trailer brakes and jack knifed his 2001 dodge ram 2500 xly plus cummins diesle, we managed 2 winch out of that one but it did crease his right side of the bed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
hmmmmm..... ever wonder why our insurance rates are so high??
j/k

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Yeah, well, my rear bumper is now V-shaped. I was riding along, and let off the throttle in a smooth straight area, to point something out to my friend behind me. Notice, I did not hit the brakes.

All the sudden, wham, i am nocked back slightly, and my sled lurches forward. The F*cking idiot just rear-ended me. I was pissed. Now I have a v-shaped rear bumper. Any harder, and the bumper woulda smashed my taillight area.

Other than that, a pair of carbides, and I think that was it.

-Dean

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
some people are dumb like that. My dad used to ride with a bunch of drunken yahoos and they would break at least 1 tail light a year like that. Now he got hooked up with friends of my uncles and I must say they are really great guys and great riders too. One or two of them have become his buisness partners(sort of) too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hahaha yea my uncle rides with a bunch of drunks and tday they were loading up the sleds and they were wasyted and rode his 700 rmk right up on top of his buddies.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is a good way to loose your riding buddies, i have a "friend" that it seems he is "drunk on stupidity" he has to have Better than everyone else he rides with and he ends up getting hurt do to lack of experiance!!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol, and i thought i rode with retards!!!!! oh well this is why i am out front!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts