Snowmobile Fanatics banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I dont know about most of you guys but i didnt ride enough to cause any damage......100 miles is hardly enough time to damage the sled. Although i now have a total of 702.6 trouble/incident free riding miles. *thinks to himself, you know when someone memorizes the mileage on their sled they need to either
a. ride more
b. have their head examined
c. Drink beer till i either forget or winter comes back so ride again
d. all of the above

(quits thinking cuz it hurts too much)

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Rothfl........I'll pick (d) for myslef Just new carbides and sliders. One carbide was twisted right around backwards and twisted like a pretzel. I remember catching a rock on one chitty ride. As for being drunk and sledding.....That's a no brainer, NO!!! That's just plain Stupid!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I think I'd have to go with C as well (at this time of yr anyways).

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damage, What damage? With the wife and two kids on sleds (that's four in the family) every outing involves mechanical expertise. Last year, the wife decided to lead and followed the orange posts from NYMO instead of the orange trail markers. We found ourselves at the top of a narrow ridge. My daughter panicked and stop. The sled teetered like the grinch.....then slowly...ever so slowly....rolled down the side of a ravine with my daughter in tow. Her femur was bruised. We left the sled for lost. A neighbor heard the incident on the scanner and took off for the ridge.....he pushed it off the ledge (a total rolling fall of about 40 ft.) bent the skis back into a left-handed salute....and drove it home! 1991 Polaris Indy Trail 500.......LOVE that sled.....but at the wife's insistance, we traded it up.

Hey Alice! Get out of the WAY!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I broke 2 chains last winter. clutching set-up was way to hard on 'em, didn't engage until 5500, then launched like a rocket from there on. but in tight, windy trails... ya, not a smart move. chains don't appreciate being hammered like that all day long.

also, a buddy sucked a 5" maple in between the ski and frame on his venture 600. wrote off the sled, crumpled trailing arm, busted shock, radius rod, frame bent, nocked the silencer back, which impaled itself on the chain tensioner, bent up the engine mount frame, nocked the engine 3" to the right... it was a mess

I first came on it and saw the other side of the sled, noticed a tie rod hanging out, I start swearing at him "you stupid #%&$ YOU BROKE A TIE ROD!!" then another trail buddy points at the other side and says "buddy, take a look at this side"

I saw the mess and my jaw hit the floor.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Every time i lead the dumb person in back of me always thinks it is funny to bump in to me. so one time i saw him comeing an i slamed on my brakes and he wrecked his front of his sled taught him a lesson.

·
Registered
115 Posts
damage. none here, just a few re-adjustments to make on the front suspension. secondary clutch, need a front end bushing kit for it too. other wise not much. did only a lil bit of riding this year and when i did. i was catching big air the whole time

·
Registered
32 Posts
Was working on my wifes sled with the hood up and the cable snapped, hood hit the ground and broke the windshield[xx(]

·
Registered
586 Posts
wow, this is a pretty old topic, I guess I havn't been here in a long time!Well, hearing all this carnage I thind I should put in my damage report.On my new Pro X 600 I tweaked my knee(badly) the weekend after Christmas.Big air was cool but I stuffed the landing and just kinda poured off the side of the sled.It didn't stop me from riding and I swear I'll do it again.[;)]
Then later on in the winter, some quarry boys scabbed out a road down part if the trail and when I tried to get out of it I flopped her over(onto myself).My friends were there instantly to right my machine but I bent the handlebars and cracked the windshield.[:(]1400 miles-both the sled and myself got owies.[V]
The 440 Pro X came through unscathed, however it now wears a low profile chrome windshield with a little clear packing tape holding it together.It's nice to have sleds with interchangeable parts.My buddy Clayt took a trip over the bars, but the sled came out just fine.700+ mles-unscathed.[:)]
I'll try to keep them straight next year.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I siezed the engine in my sled this year, wasnt jetted for the temp and i guess i payed for it, $220 to be exact.[V]

21 - 33 of 33 Posts