Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

It's me again, Looking to plan for an Ontario ride or two! Lets start the planning with some Ideas. I'm very open to ideas. I am From Hamilton so traveling a few hour is always welcome. Once We brainstorm and get some thoughts together I will post some potential trips and we'll all decide as to which trips to do.

Thanks, Nik!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First thought:

Start in Uxbridge, Ontario. There is lots of parking at the local Canadian Tire, and the trail starts right behind it. From there we jump onto the club trails. We can follow the club trail to the B103 Feeder trail. I think it would be best to work out way to Midhurst/Barrie along the B103 trail. On our way to Midhurst/Barrie we can stop on Lake simcoe (B103 trail) and have some lake racing if the show up is worth while. This would be between Innisfil and Georgina. After stopping in Midhurst/Barrie we can go to Wasaga Beach, then follow the club trails to Cedar point. We'll then head over to Orillia, along the trunk trail we can stop on Lake SImcoe again for some more Lake racing among each other. From Orillia we can head back around Lake Simcoe to Uxbridge.

This would be a good 2 days of riding, about 300-400 KM all depnding on time and Where we go. I figure we can all meet in Uxbridge Friday Night, Spend the night. Start fresh Saturday Morning 8AM Nice and early. By noon be at Barrie/Midhurst, head to Wasaga beach, then to cedar point then arrive at Orillia by 5-6PM. Dinner, Sleep. Leave at 8AM, do some racing on Lake Simcoe for an hour or two, Travel to Gravenhurst for noon, Lunch. Then work our way back to Uxbridge for late evening. Fill Sunday with some scenery and light riding.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe no one has any IDEAS! Where are all you Ontarians!!!!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that;s too bad. I hope we can get something planned this year!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Toss my hat in.
No real plan. 200-250 miles day are normal. Depends on timing overnights may not work.
98srx700 said:
Well that;s too bad. I hope we can get something planned this year!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm sure myself, PolarisPimpman and our regular riding group would be down, we would probably just meet up in Barrie and ride over to Wasaga Beach with you guys and then back.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok we're getting there! A few more people would be GREAT!

We could just ride everywhere and have some racing and fun! Myself, My brother and my Friend will be out for sure! I plan to do minimum 200KM a day, every time I got out. I want to put 2000KM on this winter. Remember I have a full time job, Unless layoffs happen (Normal when you work through a carpenters Union)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Our regular riding group consists of a few that'd be down i'm sure.
Mike 01 xcsp 800
Myself 97 xcr 440
Tyler 04 pro-x2 700
Tim 93 indy 500 efi
Len 97-98? xcr 600
Jay 01 rmk 500

Either way, it'd make for a great time. But lets not get to ahead of ourselves, we need snow first :p.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah we sure do need some snow! We'll have to plan a good couple weeks ahead, but with snow pending of course. I can't wait!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I am in.I got about.. 7 buddies that would also tag along.

Me-04 440/700
Mike- 08 xp 800r X
Aaron- 04 renegade 600ho
Brett-06 500ss
Eric-05 440x
Chris-06 Apex rtx
Ryan- 01 sxr 700

pretty solid bunch, put up a good lake race show! haha

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like fun, This is going great so far. Keep them ideas and remember to tune it when the snow hits!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I like the uxbridge idea a lot, my whole groups is about 5 mins from there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
well you would have to think more central as not everyone is from the same area. i would be more than willing to ride out of anywhere 30mins from barrie. yea we have about 6 solid guys to ride with and hopefully more. we should talk to some guys over on HCS and Freedomsledder to arrange a GOOD ride... oh yea snow is key and lots of it... snowbelt here we come.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't right much Central Ontario. So If someone is willing to step in and help plan for a central Ontario Ride I would be ok with that. I just figured, I know there are quite a few riders from South from Barrie. So that would be a good idea to ride close to all of uss. There are guys from Kitchener willing to come, I know I wouldn't want to drive 6+ Hours to sled for a weekend. I think 3-4 hrs MAX for a weekend trip is ok.

I'm pretty sure the Northern Ontario guys get together. So they can have their fun in T-bay and what not while we have our More South.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok guys,

TY.com is having an Ontario ride. I've talked to the person trying to set it up, and everyone is welcome. Details:

1) I am aiming for Sturgeon Falls. It's located 20ish minutes west of North Bay. The reason for this is I will probably have access to a garage in Cache Bay if it is needed for any repair/tuning work(Still need to talk to the owner to confirm).

2) There is a Comfort Inn located in Sturgeon Falls with a pool that should be able to accomadate future growth. I have NOT contacted this hotel for a group rate yet.

3) Yamaha dealers in Verner and North Bay(at least I think North Bay, seems to change yearly).

4) 95% date of Feb 27-mar 1 weekend. This would only change if I discover that a poker run or similar event is planned for the area on that date.

5) I would like to have at least 1 guy familiar with the local area for boondocking. The trails are fairly straight forward and I should have 1 guy(dude with the garage, just moved there in summer 2007) plus myself(I've been through the area twice) for on trail info.

I really would like to see this happen this year but need a little help in the areas mentioned above. This ride will probably start out small, but could grow quite rapidly in the years to come with some commitments now.

http://www.sturgeonfalls.com/
http://www.choicehotels.ca/hotels/hotel?hotel=CN567&promo=gglocal

Lets all get together and sled with them. I will be going for sure, As this is should be a good time. I would need some Numbers of people willing to go, so please report back ASAP!

It's even more north!!!!

Thanks Nik!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well I live in Ottawa, sled is in Barry's Bay(Just at the bottom of Algonquin Park) at the girlfriends.
The snow and sledding was amazing last year...so if any of you are around this area, I'd be in to it. We ride as a family, kids (on there own sleds) and we're about 7-10 sleds strong...why would I trailer for 4 hours when I can walk out the door to the best sledding in Ontario!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sturgeon eh? My friend's parents just moved up there late in 2007.
If I had access to a trailer I would definatly try to join one of these Ontario rides.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone interested?????

·
Registered
266 Posts
im verry interested, if you have msn add me, ill help with the planning as much as i can

1 - 20 of 20 Posts