Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
jacqui have you checked Mass insurance. They are out of T.O and have had really fair rates over the last few years for me. I havnt checked this year yet though maybe I am in for a surprise.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
LOL Hotrod. You will be! There doen with sleds! didn't you get the letter in the mail. Lots of people are really PI$$ED with them. After all the advertising they've done in the trail maps etc. We are now with my uncles insurance company, He covers everything else. But his prices are still rediculus.

Jacqui... I don't know how much that will do. I'll fill it out, but I still feel we're screwed.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
After we sign the petition what happens, do we get involved any further.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ZRT 600
[br]After we sign the petition what happens, do we get involved any further.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open and keep you guys posted if anything else comes up. In the mean time encourage any sledders you know to sign the petition. We need to let the government know that it is not just a few "Blair" wannabe's that are being negatively affected; it's responsible people (taxpayers!) from all walks of life with good jobs and families that support the industry. They say we must have snowmobile insurance, but they won't legislate the companies to insure snowmobiles; it's a catch-22.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Done, I just signed it.

Was with Lombard (Trail Smart Ins Pgm) last year. Rates this year almost doubled! Called State Farm which insures my home and cars and they were reasonable compared to Lombard.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
nope. There keeping no one. Unless your insurance does not end untill the end of the season your gonna have to figure something out. Trail smart insurance is now a sponser of OFSC. I figure they have good rates, but they are picky about who they choose. I called there. but didn't get as far as a quote because I didn't qualify... They want 6 years with a licences, no accidents within 6 years, less then 2 tickets in 3 years. etc. etc. Oh and no high performance machines. There number is 1 888 404 7533. Free quote.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
This is stupid the government should do something.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have been liscensed for 19 years, no tickets etc, and it still almost doubled this year with Trail Smart. Last year was my first year with them, and my last! There was an attachement in my renewal stating with all the deaths and claims last year they had no choice but to raise premiums. Ladies and Gentlemen, its the idiots on the trails causing our rates to jump as high as they did.

CD

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks for the number, Ill at least get a quote if they will take the XCR.I think Im good till febuary. Guess I better start LQQKING. Someone mentioned State Farm, I got my house with them. Ill try there too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can also try Primmum at www.primmum.com . They took my sled with nothing else with them after I heard about Masse cancelling us.

Jacqui.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts